Re: Rebate Scam
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mickeygman,

We don't want to see you leave the family and can agree that principles are very important. Like any promotion, there are qualifiers that must be met. We'll gladly look into the details. Please share more details. Which promotion were you expecting? What was purchased?

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
christopned

Same thing happened to me and I submitted through the military rebate program. Today I got email saying I do not qualify. When I called they said it was not submitted as a military rebate and they could not help. They told me I need to go to my local Verizon store who submitted the rebate for me. Always great to see a corporation scamming people serving in the military.  

0 Likes
blaskldjnasdoin

Yep I hear ya. I'm another victim of the BYOD scam... I completed the purchase online and met all the requirements, and they said I made the purchase at an invalid location... I even have the original online order number and all the online purchase details... so how can they say I made the purchase at an invalid location? They're just messing up with people and trying to get them to switch. Glad I don't have a contract with them or else I'd really be messed up. I'm telling every one I can to stear clear of verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is never good to hear you had trouble getting your rebate. Let's take a moment to review. Please respond to the Private Message I have sent. 

DerekR_VZW

0 Likes
ProlificSagacity

I'm going through the same issue. Rebate denied and they said zi didnt meet the requirements with a Note 10+ and a port in with new line. They said a "manual review" would take place and 48 hrs I should hear back. No updates or call so I called. They claimed it was still under review so I filed a FCC complaint. Within 24 hrsI got a call from senior management. She said she'll call back in 24 hrs, and didnt. So I called back and threatened to file another complaint. Next thing I know they have the rebate processing and hopefully I hear back soon. Still havent heard from senior management but I'll update my FCC complaint and let them know. I've had to do a FCC complaint before and they fixed my port issue immediately. The complaint makes them move like they're supposed to. Try it and hopefully it resolves your issue

0 Likes
Lindasteffen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same experience. I was told that I would get a $250 rebate by 12/24 because I brought my own device. I was told by 2 different representatives and received a confirmation email. Then when it was time to mail my rebate i was told that it was invalid because i didn't port a number but got a new number. They are nothing but greedy scammers. I switched carriers the next day and I had 2 phones a tablet and a watch. So there ya go. What stinks is that they do this to everyone and its a dirty way of doing business. But what can you expect, there are no consequences, so they can whatever they want. But I'm going to tell every single person I know, my kids are military and travel all over the world and they will tell everyone they know, I'll post it on my FB page every day. It is now my mission. Thanks Verizon, job well done. 

0 Likes
Lindasteffen
Enthusiast - Level 2

They'll look into it and then still not send you your card. Its their job to prevent it from happening. Don't hold your breath, they lie. 

Lindasteffen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not to mention the 45 minutes on hold waiting for a representative when you call!!!

Lindasteffen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Be prepared to be put on hold for 45 minutes. You're just a number to them.

TVall1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the exact same problem.

I was promised a $200 visa gift card for switching each of my 6 lines from Sprint to Verizon.  I submitted the forms which were emailed to me directly by the Verizon Customer Service Rep WHILE I WAS STILL ON THE PHONE.

After over 2 months, I received emails back saying there was a problem.  I called in to the rebate center and now was told that none of my devices qualified for the rebate and there was nothing they could do.  

Oh, and I was also enrolled on plans that were not the plans I selected and charged more than I should have been until I went and switched my plans back to what they were supposed to be all along.

Total scammers.  They lie and take people's money and then make it so difficult to get anything resolved that they figure you will just go away.  It's dishonest - and maybe even be fraudulent judging from the amount of people I am seeing on here with the same problem.

It would be great if someone over at VZW could help me to get what I was promised.