Rebate Scam
Loripie7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Beware the Switch to Verizon promos!! I got married and switched to his Verizon plan instead of staying with t mobile. Big Mistake. Phone rep said I had to buy new phone as my just-paid-off galaxy 7 would not port. Ok. Got 300 bucks for it and  promised a $200 mastercard. Ok. 3 months and about 5 calls later, never got the card. Reps would just delay me another 2 weeks. Was told I'd get an email with instructions to submit rebate. Even told that "I just had my supervisor MANUALLY enter your rebate". None of it ever happened and finally after a looong online chat session, a rep said I never qualified for it in 1st place. She gave me a tracking number and said I should call yet another 800 number to explain situation. 

We're likely going back to t mobile. 15 yrs with them and outstanding customer service. They would've never pulled this garbage. I believe there are 3rd party phone reps that take the 'SWITCH TO VERIZON" CALLS ALL DAY LONG, PROMISE ALL THIS STUFF, GET YOU TO SIGN UP AND THEN THE BALL iS DROPPED. I dont have time for this.

Re: Rebate Scam
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Loripie7, I am so sorry to hear that you never received the gift card you were promised! We appreciate the fact that you've made Verizon your choice, and we don't want to see you walk away. I know how important it is to receive the deal you signed up for, and I apologize for all the difficulty you have experienced as you have tried to claim this offer. Please reply to our Direct Message, so we can look into your concerns in more detail. 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
merrimank23
Enthusiast - Level 1

Were you able to get this resolved? We were advised it would be 2-3 weeks for the card when we switched. It has now been a month and the reps are stating it could be up to 10 weeks?! We paid our other carrier over $600+ to move to verizon. This is unacceptable.

Verizon_difficult
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing happening to us.  They accepted both and I confirmed via phone call they were submitted.  One was rejected and 1 has been sitting in processing for some time, despite having 45 days of consecutive service per the terms.  

4 more days until the 8 week term ends and then 2-3 days shipping and we will begin FTC and state attorney complaints.  Rebate fraud. 

Rebatescammer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing for me.  8 weeks still no card.  Also they tried saying my watch wasn’t switched to Verizon.  Then why have you been billing me.  I decided to report to my local attorney general and the FTC 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rebatescammer, we apologize for the rebate issues you are having. This is certainly not the type of experience we would ever want any of our loyal customers to endure. I am a consumer as well and I understand how important it is for you to receive your rebate. Don'r worry. You have an amazing support team here that is eager to assist you. To better assist you, I need to ask you some questions. What was is the amount of your rebate? On what date did you submit your rebate claim? 

JacobV_VZW

mlarroquette
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have submitted my rebate forms following the information I was provided, my rebate status remains "pending validation" with a due date of Sept 1, 2019. I have spent more than 1 hr on chat messaging the customer service from Verizon over this rebate.
 I switched to Verizon because of the rebate and now it is being delayed. This matter will be escalted to the BBB, FTC and the Michiagn Attorney General. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear that you haven't received your rebate. We recommend that you contact our Rebate team at 800-416-8894 for additional assistance.

TrinetteW_VZW

tanyam1209
Enthusiast - Level 1

calling the rebate team does absolutely nothing all they do is tell you the same status that appears online when you enter your tracking number. I submitted my rebate form on 6/21/19 was told via email i would have the rebates by 8/10/19. they weren't approved until the end of 8/2019. It has been saying "mailing in progress since 8/31/19 and i still haven't received them. I was told by verizon i would receive them electronically since i waited so long just for the rebate team to say they don't do that! I feel like everyone just lies constantly and its so unprofessional and I feel like I was scammed just to give them business! I am to the point where i feel the same way and just returning to AT&T, as much as i hated their service they had amazing customer service and when you were promised something you got it!

I called the rebate center again two days ago and was told "please allow another 5 days for them to mail it out" this will then bring me to 14 weeks since I submitted the rebate forms!!!!

jmashby
Enthusiast - Level 1

We were told if we ported over three numbers we would get $250 ea line. We only got $250 total. We were with AT&T for over 15 yrs. They said they would resubmit and I checked again, it says invalid. It took 10 weeks to get the one card out of the three we were promised. Unethical business practices to land more accounts. Very frustrating. We will pay off the new phone and switch to a different provider.