Rebate Issues
byungkuk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I ported over from Sprint last month and applied for the $300 rebates using the promo code, BYODATHOME300 as shown in the fine print.  I brought over 5 lines total but the first 4 were done a week earlier.  

After I applied for the rebate, I realized that there is another promo code, BYODATHOME250, that should've been used based on the Unlimited plan I had chosen.  This is not disclosed anywhere in the fine print.  Anyways, I was starting to be very concerned since this was a lot of money $250 x 4 = $1k, at minimum... 

So I contacted customer support and explained what happened and the customer agent told me that the amounts would be automatically adjusted and I would get the right amount - I have the chat transcript.  Today, however, I received notification that all four were denied due to invalid lines.   Please help me VERIZON.

Re: Rebate Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello byungkuk. We're truly sorry to see that you received a message that your Rebates were deemed invalid. We would like the opportunity to look into this with you. If you have not contacted us about this issue yet, please respond to the Private Message I sent to you at your earliest convenience.   TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes
benliepe

I bought a Motorola phone from their website, which was offering a $300 Verizon rebate when I activated the phone.  The checkout code was VERIZON300, and the promo code was BYODATHOME300.  Everything was submitted correctly, and everything I received from Motorola and Verizon said that the purchase and rebate were processed ok.  Months later I still had not received the $300 rebate from Verizon; I called them and was told that I had not waited long enough.  Months later I called again, and after being on the phone for three hours was told that there was no such offer as a $300 rebate from Verizon for buying a Motorola phone on the Motorola website.  Verizon said I should contact Motorola. 

0 Likes
sweetcarve

SAME THING WITH MY SITUATION-------I bought a Motorola phone from their website OVER THE PHONE, which was offering a $300 Verizon rebate when I activated the phone.  The checkout code was VERIZON300, and the promo code was BYODATHOME300.  Everything was submitted correctly, and everything I received from Motorola and Verizon said that the purchase and rebate were processed ok.  Months later I still had not received the $300 rebate from Verizon; I called them and was told that I had not waited long enough.  Months later I called again, and after being on the phone for three hours was told that there was no such offer as a $300 rebate from Verizon for buying a Motorola phone on the Motorola website.  Verizon said I should contact Motorola. 

My difference is that Verizon is using the excuse that the model phone I purchased ......however, the Motorola representative that completed the process with me over the phone assured that everything was in order.  The only thing I needed to do was stay current for three billing cycles.  I did/I am and Motorola says call Verizon....Verizon transfers me, puts me on hold, sends me to the rebate center, then drops the call, and then I request call back....representatives "look" for solution, and then loose or drop the call.....No progress despite three hours of effort on my end.......Sure hope Verizon can "own" the situation and issue the $300  "E Rebate" to my account with them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for the situation with the rebate for the purchase of your device, and we want to help. How long ago was this? Was the rebate in the form or a gift card or account credit? 

0 Likes