Razer Phone 2:
SNYJOH7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just got the new Razer Phone 2, everything works after moving my SIM card from my Note 9 to the RP2 except receiving text messages. I can make and receive calls, use data, send texts but cannot receive them. I have also tried Verizon Messnger+. Any idea how to fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
Re: Razer Phone 2:
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked the APN to verify it matched the settings used on the Note 9?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

disable + & try messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SHYJOH7 Having access to send and receive text messages is crucial. Please select the text application you are using, and follow the steps in the link below, keep us posted:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/droid-maxx-troubleshooting/#/main/device/&MOTXT1080MEEKT&877...

MariaV_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi SNYJOH7

Just seeing your post here but wanted to confirm that your issue has been resolved? You can use MyVerizon > "Activate or Switch" to activate your Phone 2 with the needed features. This MyVerizon path can be used to activate any Verizon compatible device on your existing phone number.

0 Likes
hamptonjray

to access my verison the app requires a verification code sent to my phone number, which I cant recieve texts on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hamptonjray, we want to ensure you can access My Verizon as needed. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. If you're unable to receive texts on your phone due to the service being blocked or you don't have a phone but rather a tablet or similar device that cannot receive standard text messages, then a temporary password will be mailed to you upon our obtaining a failure of that message from being sent to your line. If your phone can receive texts but you simply can't see them, the service is suspended or some other reason, then Customer Service can provide you with a temporary password via email so long as you're the account owner and you already have an email address on file with us.  

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
bmmebaker97

I tried to access the steps for troubleshooting but your website no longer supports the Razer 2 phone according to the message I received. I really need to get text messages. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bmmebaker97, we understand the importance of being able to recover information. While we no longer support this device we may be able to help with some direction. Can you tell us more about the current status of the phone?  

MelissaP_VZW

0 Likes