Razer Phone 2 still can't make or receive calls
t_d_ericks

Just picked up the Razer Phone 2 yesterday and popped the old SIM card into it (from a Motorola Droid Maxx) - this was fine and dandy - mobile data worked however sending/receiving texts and making/receiving calls didn't work. Later in the day I brought it to a Verizon store and had them activate a new SIM card for me in a Google Pixel 3 and installed that SIM card instead. Sending/receiving texts now works however I am still unable to make or receive phone calls - the representatives at the store weren't sure why this would be and were at a loss (this was also the first Razer Phone 2 they had seen in store). Anyone on here have a similar experience or any recommendations on how to get phone calls to function? We already walked through a lot of things while I was at the store to no avail and everything works great other than a feature in which phones were designed for.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Razer Phone 2 still can't make or receive calls
t_d_ericks

A little more information as well:

• When making a call, the error "Server Error. Please Try again later." is received.
  • When others try to call me, they get redirected straight to voicemail.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's make sure you are able to get full functionality out of your device. As the Razer Phone 2 is not Verizon branded, it needs special provisioning on our end to be fully functional. I will be sending you a PM shortly regarding how we can enable this feature for you.

PaulS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Doyle423

I also just purchased the Razer Phone 2 and am not receiving text messages.  I can make and receive calls and send text messages, but I can't receive text messages.

0 Likes
jaimeg_vzw
Verizon Employee

Doyle423, keeping you connected is our main priority. We are here to help with the text messaging. To ensure we are on the same page we do have a couple of questions. To confirm, since activating the phone, you have been unable to receive text, correct? Also, please confirm, the make/model of your previous phone.

JAIMEG_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Doyle423

Correct, the only feature that does not work is the ability to receive text messages. I was using a Samsung Galaxy S7 until 2 days ago.

0 Likes
michelleh_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hello Doyle423,

I am so sorry to hear that you are still having trouble with receiving text messages! We want to ensure that this is corrected, so you can begin connecting once again. Please respond to my Direct Message, so we can gather the details needed to help resolve this.

Thanks,
Michelle_VZW

0 Likes