Question: Hand-me-down iPhone 6 and SIM Card
mwjr

My son's iPhone 6s was stolen a few weeks ago. To replace it, a friend has given us an iPhone 6 that she no longer uses. It does not have a SIM card, however.

What's the process for me getting this phone onto my account as a replacement for the one that was stolen? I realize that we will still need to pay off the stolen phone. I'm mainly concerned with the following:

• Where/how can buy a new SIM card?
  • How do I activate it?
  • How does it register (not sure if that's the right word) to my account?
  • Would a SIM card out of another phone work? What if that phone belonged to someone else? Would I need to reformat (again - not sure if that's the right word.)

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Question: Hand-me-down iPhone 6 and SIM Card
evelynr_vzw
Verizon Employee

mwjr Having a phone to communicate with our family is extremely important. I'm sorry to hear about the incident with your previous. The good news is that you don't have to pay for a SIM card; you visit a direct Verizon Wireless store, and they will provide the SIM card and activate the phone for you at the same time(all devices use a different SIM card). Please visit our "FInd a store near you" page http://vz.to/2wyan44 to find a direct store near you. I also want you to know that activating a replacement phone does not affect your current active device payment agreement. Please let me know if this answers your questions.

EvelynR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport if my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
Re: Question: Hand-me-down iPhone 6 and SIM Card
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Reformat the phone prior to activation so you have a clean phone to start with. Get a new SIM card for the line.

Activate, Switch or Bring Your Own Device FAQs | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes