OnePlus 6T Certified for BYOD
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

We heard you! The OnePlus 6T is certified for Verizon.

From OnePlus:

Unlock your OnePlus 6T with the fastest in-display fingerprint sensor on any smartphone. We are setting a new industry standard with our cutting-edge Screen Unlock technology.

The 6T is available for purchase from OnePlus and other retailers for activation on Verizon via BYOD.

OnePlus 6T.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: OnePlus 6T Certified for BYOD
mama23dogs
Legend

I have mine.  But am waiting to see if it has problems like the Razer 2.  Other users, what’s the scoop?

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi mama23dogs, I know you are looking for feedback from other customers (not me)... but I wanted to tell you that when you do decide to activate your 6T please activate through MyVerizon > MyDevices > Activate or Switch. If you just pull the SIM from your existing device and power up the 6T without activating in MyVerizon or through Customer Support, you could encounter SMS issues. Sorry if you were already planning to do that, just hoping to help obviate that potential issue. Have a great weekend and I hope we hear from 6T users soon.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Smiley Happy

Thanks for that.  I’m aware that was the problem with the Razer 2. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Just an FYI for others, getting the device swapped out from prepaid enter me to change rate plans, so I canceled.  Support was very helpful, even called me back, which for prepaid support is a gold star moment. Dozen thumbs up. 

0 Likes
llong314
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm interested in hearing from others as well.  Has anyone been able to activate their OnePlus 6T and use it... with NO PROBLEMS? 

I'm looking at purchasing one in a month or so, but will hold off if there are issues.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

If I get a chance to get to the local store to swap the phone I’ll Post an update.   I’m running it on ATT and love it.  The gestures are fantastic.

0 Likes
SINTAY

My OnePlus 6T is working fine on Verizon. I went to the Verizon to get a new sim card since the one in my HTC One was too big for the nano sim slot.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

SINTAY​  good to know.  I still haven’t made the trip.

0 Likes
b1uebird
Enthusiast - Level 3

VzW Customer service:  will the OnePlus 6T be able to make and receive phone calls in Verizon's 1X extended network areas?  I live in a 1X area and I am currently using a non-Verizon unlocked phone and I am not having any issues making a receiving phone calls.  I don't care about data, just phone calls.  Thank you.

0 Likes