Miscommunication from the phone representative
himanshugandhe94
Enthusiast - Level 1

On Oct-23rd-2020, I called Verizon Customer Service number to request help for switching 3 lines under same account from T-Mobile to Verizon. We mentioned, each of us are in different states, so one person would not be able to pick up the new SIM cards at just one location. The representative asked us to create separate accounts and then merge them under one account once we activate the lines, reason - so we can pick up the Sim Cards at separate Verizon locations. The representative did not mention the 31-days wait period before we can merge all lines them under one account. Today, we called to proceed with transfer process, was then transferred to the Customer Relation Manager and the person was extremely rude and unprofessional, she said that this is their policy and cannot offer credits for the miscommunication from the representative who setup our accounts. Now, we are forced to stay on with Verizon and pay 2 times amounting to $90, instead of $40 for the plan charges as we are now on separate accounts. Even when we had asked all lines to be under the same account and same plan. Extremely poor communication, absolutely no resolutions provided by representatives and improper information provided by Verizon. It is my first day with Verizon and I am already frustrated, I feel cheated. Beware of their plans, terms and conditions, cannot trust representatives words. 

0 Likes
Re: Miscommunication from the phone representative
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

himanshugandhe94, it's difficult to hear of your experience. I have held positions in different departments over the years. Having worked in Transfer of Service, I could tell where this was headed. I really do feel that the initial representative had the best intentions, and that this was an oversight. My recommendation would be to wait out the time period, it is in place for your protection, to avoid potential fraud. Once it is complete, I would consolidate to the one account, and redress this issue with one of our reps. in Care, as I'm certain they should be able to supply courtesy credit. Does this make sense? TerranceT_VZW

0 Likes