Lied to by Online Chat Rep, Promo not honored even after proving it was told to me
SpruceZeus
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went online Sept 2nd and was told about a promo and I saved the entire chat. $250, $350, $450 deal (debit cards) by online representative "ideck". I get the promo by bringing my own device ($250 for starter unlimited, $350 for the tier up and so on). The promo = BYODGET250. 

It would not work on the rebate center website link I was given by the rep.

When I called in today (Sept 7) to ask about it, spoke with a live rep. I emailed her the entire chat and proved it was offered to me and how I confirmed many times in the chat. Her and the manager agreed but said it was a mistake and I get ...nothing. They apologized and said I would need to get a bigger unlimited plan or I could buy some new $1000 phones to get a $300 promo. (Seriously).

This is not some simple misunderstanding. I left my previous carrier based on what I was told on paper. Now that i made the change, I am out $500! This also makes me a non-new-customer for new plans. This is hilariously poor form.

I demand my rebates for the two lines or equal compensation. This is actually illegal. Anyone who wants to contact me, make it soon and I will provide you with all the details and the chat document. I even have my chat survey responses in there. 

This is illegal and I can show anyone.

Casey OBrien
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lied to by Online Chat Rep, Promo not honored even after proving it was told to me
SpruceZeus
Enthusiast - Level 2

The correct code as of Sept 8 2020 to use for bring your own device and getting $250 card

BYOD250UNL

A customer service rep took the time to find this. I got this answered myself. Done. 

Casey OBrien

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Lied to by Online Chat Rep, Promo not honored even after proving it was told to me
SpruceZeus
Enthusiast - Level 2

To add to this, Verizon customer service should keep in mind what they see is only the half of it. I left and paid off my other carrier. I still had phone charges I had to pay off in order to close that out and port it over to Verizon. $300 in total to leave my carrier to come to Verizon Wireless for the deal they offered me (i didn't even ask for it. I was going to do prepaid). So we are talking a fair amount of time to do all of this. Then I finally get over to VW and they say "we are sorry but that was wrong for offering that. You get nothing". Unreal. 

Casey OBrien
SpruceZeus
Enthusiast - Level 2

The correct code as of Sept 8 2020 to use for bring your own device and getting $250 card

BYOD250UNL

A customer service rep took the time to find this. I got this answered myself. Done. 

Casey OBrien
0 Likes
OneEyedPilot
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same happen to me with plan purchased 09/06/2020.   The Labor Day promo was for a debit card valued from $300 to $450 depending on plan tier for each line and was only available online with BYOD.  I chose 4 of the tier 1 plans (start unlimited) to receive debit cards at $300/each.  When I looked at the receipts posted in my account document folder they showed $250 without any explanation of why it was reduced by $50/each.  This plan has been scrubbed from the internet and agents can find no evidence of it either.  The deal was done using the online live chat agent and I saved the transcript.  I understand mistakes happen but they should own up to them and not act like the deal didn't exist.  My guess they had more response they they expected and was going to cost them too much money.   

On a side note, transferring service to Verizon was the most frustrating experience of my life.  I had to go through the process three complete times due to dropped connections and spent about four hours overall.   There were other issues too.  Hopefully the heck I had to go through to become a Verizon customer will not carry through to daily service.

DuncanFam90
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hopefully you get the "debit cards" and not a verizon ecard. I was told my rebate was a prepaid mastercard, and ended up with Verizon ecards.  Very disappointing.

0 Likes