Re: Key2 LE text messages
andrewt_vzw
Verizon Employee

FIRSTCAPITALONE,

I am very glad we were able to get this all cleared up. Our goal is to find solutions for you and I certainly understand how important it is to know that when buying a phone it will meet your needs. We appreciate your feedback on this device as well and I can assure you we always work with manufacturers to try and offer a great selection of devices. Do you have any other questions we can help with?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
duckduke

andreas_vzn and JohnB_VZW ....Thank you for your user support!!

Andreas_vzw said "

"Once you have purchased the Key2 LE and you are ready to activate, the CDMAless feature can be provisioned to the line the device is being activated on to ensure service will work properly. I hope this helps address your concerns."

My question:

Who performs the line/SIM provisioning to "CDMAless"??   Is this done at the VZW store at purchase or after purchase????    Does the Customer need to contact some special arm / level of tech support???   I know what needs to be done here, just not sure who or where contact/call.

Thanks for any info!!!

0 Likes
JeffBaldwin

Hi I am a Verizon employee and have run into this problem. The solution is to go to the google playstore and download Verizon Message+ and use it as your default messaging app. It works just fine on the Key2.

0 Likes
cltclt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Verizon,

I want to upgrade my Blackberry Classic to the Key2 Le. Have been reading A LOT about what I need to know before purchasing the new phone to ensure it works with Verizon. During the check device process on the Verizon website, I see there are two drop down selections for the Key 2: one says Key2 LE OD, and the other says Key2 LE BDFILL. I see in this thread the OD stands for Open Development. What does BDFILL stand for and how do I know if the BB-100-5 Key2 LE approved Verizon model fits one of those descriptions? Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi cltclt, buying the right device that is compatible with our network is a essential for a smooth transaction. Let's make sure you're set p for success. The best pay to verify compatibility is with the Bring Your Own Device checker https://www.verizonwireless.com/onedp/byod#/deviceType Do you have access to the IMEI to complete this?  

MelissaP_VZW

0 Likes