Is there a GSM network?
cstafford-14

I was browsing Amazon once, and I saw on a comment somewhere when someone asked about Verizon compatibility for a phone that Verizon has a GSM network. Is this true?

If not, it still may be good to offer a GSM network for those who do not have phones with CDMA bands.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there a GSM network?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The LTE network on Verizon Wireless is a GSM network. The CDMA networkffor VZW is being shutdown by the end of 2019. Verizon Wireless has recently required all phones activated on the network be capable of VoLTE/Advanced Calling meaning calls go over the LTE network.

If you want a pure GSM network, AT&T and T-Mobile are GSM networks.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The LTE network on Verizon Wireless is a GSM network. The CDMA networkffor VZW is being shutdown by the end of 2019. Verizon Wireless has recently required all phones activated on the network be capable of VoLTE/Advanced Calling meaning calls go over the LTE network.

If you want a pure GSM network, AT&T and T-Mobile are GSM networks.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cstafford-14

Excellent! Thanks a lot!

0 Likes