Re: Does HTC U11 will coming to Verizon?
MSSASSY2009

Only sprint is selling it right now.  Believe me I have been asking Verizon since HTC sent me notifications of the knew phone.  It is being released today by sprint,  Amazon,  and HTC.  Still Verizon has not gotten on board.  Makes me want to go back to sprint.

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

While the HTC U11 Carrier unlock version is sold directly by HTC it has been certified to work on the Verizon network. More information about bringing your own device to Verizon is available on the BYOD portal. Thank you for your feedback!

Bring Your Own Phone or Device - BYOD | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
hardboiledjuice
Enthusiast - Level 2

BYOD is still not recognizing the IMEI for my U11. Here is the error message I keep getting since yesterday:
The phone associated with the Device ID you entered is not compatible with the Verizon Wireless network.

I talked to a customer service rep at a corporate store who had never heard of the U11 before. She called tech support who told her that the device is not compatible and suggested that I return it. This is very aggravating.

Customers on another forum report that inserting an already activated SiM from a Verizon-approved phone into the U11 will get it onto the network. BUT: the phone you take the activated SIM out of must be a recent model that has Advanced Calling (aka HD Voice) as a feature enabled. 

Can I get confirmation that this method will work?

SHABOY20
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Carol!

Unfortunately, this isn't true. Verizon has yet to update their catalog to include this phone. Thus, every Verizon Wireless customer who is trying to use this phone has had to submit a form "requesting" that their phone be added to the list of approved devices. They're indicating that this will take 1-3 business days from the time that the request is submitted. The department who handles these requests doesn't work on the weekends so anyone submitting last night (like myself) or this weekend will be out of luck until next week.

kyawzawlinn2009
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's what I concerned about the network issue. Actually GSM sim cards are easy to phone activate not like verizon network(CDMA or LTE). Hopefully you guys well done with U11 on Verizon.

0 Likes
hardboiledjuice
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apparently the solution for getting the unlocked U11 to make phone calls on Verizon's network is to pop in an already activated SIM from another Verizon phone, AS LONG AS that phone has Advanced Calling enabled in the settings.

Advanced Calling (i.e. HD Calling) enables the phone to make calls over LTE simultaneously with data. Since the U11 is an LTE-only phone (no 3G or 1x service), you need to have Advanced Calling on.

amo25
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried this on Sunday. Went into Verizon, popped my functioning SIM out of my one M8 and into an HTC 10 and made sure advanced calling was on, then we put it into my U11 and nothing changed.

0 Likes
ckupsco
Enthusiast - Level 3

I used my SIM from my HTC 10 with advanced calling enabled and my u11 activated immediately.  it's working fine with calling and sms/mms.  No wifi calling or visual vm at the moment but it's working.

llong314
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have been planning on upgrading from my M8 to the U11, and tried to cancel the order I placed for the "Verizon" version of the U11... but my cancellation request wasn't processed in time. Just received the amazing silver U11 and it's beautiful.

So I've now got a U11 and not sure if I should return it, or hold out hope for a couple of weeks and see what happens.  Does anyone know if Verizon is planning on helping U11 owners with the issues the phone has on the network... or is this phone going to be an afterthought on VZW?

0 Likes
shihminlee
Enthusiast - Level 1

The phone is compatible with Verizon Network, but you need contact tech support to get the phone to work.