Is the HTC U11 coming to Verizon?
kyawzawlinn2009
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anybody know about HTC U11 available on Verizon????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does HTC U11 will coming to Verizon?
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

While the HTC U11 Carrier unlock version is sold directly by HTC it has been certified to work on the Verizon network. More information about bringing your own device to Verizon is available on the BYOD portal. Thank you for your feedback!

Bring Your Own Phone or Device - BYOD | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is compatible, but you have to purchase it unlocked from HTC or Amazon. https://m.androidcentral.com/us-unlocked-htc-u11-doesnt-support-verizons-cdma-network-and-thats-okay

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

kyawzawlinn2009
Enthusiast - Level 3

I confused with unlocked version and Verizon version. I don't know which one should I pick and  I consider when system update available, how do I update it?? Thanks for reply!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is no Verizon version.  There is a global and US unlocked versions.  You need the one with Band 13 LTE which is only available in the US version.

HTC U11 - Full phone specifications

HTC U11 | HTC United States

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

kyawzawlinn2009
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just want to know that when 'ld be U11 come to Verizon? I don't want to buy from HTC or Amazon coz I don't want to get any network issue or device problems from unlocked phone. So I just want to buy from my carrier! Thank you for your reply.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you even read the article from Android Central I linked earlier?  It specifically stated HTC went through the certification process with Verizon.  IT IS COMPATIBLE.  Besides you will save paying the upgrade fee from Verizon.  This is the future of cell phone purchasing.

0 Likes
amo25
Enthusiast - Level 3

I received my HTC U11 in the mail yesterday and have not been successful in activating the SIM. I was on the phone with Verizon support for 45 minutes and was elevated to Tier 2 support, I then spent an hour in a store and the Verizon employee informed me that the HTC U11 is currently not on the list of supported devices. He tested multiple SIM's and activation attempts on the phone with my functioning SIM that came out of my HTC One M8. The only solution he had for me was to upload my phones IMEI information and make a request to have it added to the list of Verizon supported devices. He said to hold tight a couple days, stop back into the store, or put the SIM back in to see if it begins to work.

Any updates on this at this point?

Thank you,

hardboiledjuice
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm experiencing the same issue as amo25. The U11 is not listed as a compatible device on the VZW network in spite of assurances up til now that it would arrive precertified to work. Where does one upload an IMEI and request to have a device whitelisted? And how can this process be expedited?

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like HTC didn't submit a list of IMEI numbers for the database at Verizon Wireless after they got the certification done.

brad5678
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm receiving my HTC U11 tomorrow and am afraid I'll have a device that will not work on Verizon.  If anyone gets there U11 activated please update this post.

0 Likes