Is HTC U11 supported by Verizon
mbushor

I see that the HTC U11 has had issues working on the Verizon network do to the limitations on the FDD band which is only 13. Why is Verizon only supporting the U11 with band 13 while other providers have many bands available? Is this just because the U11 isn't being sold through Verizon and is only available through HTC or Amazon etc? I've been a Verizon customer for many years and would be really disappointed if Verizon was to limit this out of sales reasons. If I purchase the U11, will I have problems using it on the Verizon Network?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is HTC U11 supported by Verizon
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless supports more LTE bands than band 13. However HTC has only activated or has approval from the FCC to use LTE band 13 on VZW for the U11.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
deafmetal

I love the HTC U11, however, like many others, I've also had many issues since the latest Oreo update:

HTC U11 CDMA-Less Provisioning / BYOD/LTE-Only Severe Network/SMS Issues

0 Likes
sylviat_vzw
Verizon Employee

Deafmetal, we truly understand the importance of making sure you have a properly working device. Please allow us to further go over the details of your concern. The benefits of our bring your own device program allows you to activate an eligible Verizon wireless 4G smartphone, 3G smartphone, or basic phone on a no annual contract plan. We cannot guarantee that you will be able to utilize and enjoy the primary features your device comes with when you activate a non-Verizon device as most features may not be supported or function properly on our network. We are sorry to see that your HTC U11 losses connectivity and SMS send capabilities along with not having a stable Wi-Fi connection. All of your efforts with trying to solve this concern is truly appreciated. We, unfortunately, do not have the proper tools to further escalate the concerns you are receiving with your device as this phone was not built for our network. The temporary fixes that were provided to you were great suggestions as it will allow you to continue to utilize the device you want. We can understand how the temporary fix suggestions can be a hassle especially if it occurs often when losing network connectivity and having to reboot and toggle airplane mode to temporarily solve the concern. To avoid these concerns please follow this link http://vz.to/2v1AHo9 to view the devices we offer that will provide you the reliable connectivity you are looking for.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mperez1

Are you still having issues?? I'm asking because I want to purchase it but only if it functions like a normal phone...even if only on 4g.

0 Likes
Mperez1

Htc  address this or still having problems ?

0 Likes