IMEI not recognized for unlocked Sirin Labs phone
tone211

Hello,

I have a Sirin Labs Finney phone, and the user guide says its compatible with CDMA and GSM. I put my SIM card in and the data works fine, but no voice or text. I tried to register the IMEI and it returns not recognized. I believe the IMEI just needs to be added to the database. 

Specifications of the phone can be found here: https://userguide.sirinlabs.com/#finney-product-specifications-cellular-and-wireless-connectivity

0 Likes
Re: IMEI not recognized for unlocked Sirin Labs phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tone211, being able to use all yours phone’s features including calling and texting is mandatory.  We are here to help.  Let’s make sure we have all of the details.  Are you using a Verizon SIM card?  Are you trying to activate this phone on a new or existing Verizon phone number/account?  If so, is this a Prepaid or Postpaid account?

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phone model needs to be certified by VZW to have the necessary LTE frequencies and VoLTE/HD Voice support to be activated on the Verizon Wireless network. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jddb2000

Same problem. Post paid acct. I can send and receive calls, have data connection. Just no texting capabilities. Verizon sim card.

0 Likes