Re: HTC u11
HTCU11
Enthusiast - Level 3

"Each manufacturer has to submit successful testing reports meeting network requirements to the FCC & carrier for device functionality on Bands 2&4 to be reviewed and approved by Verizon."

So how do you know HTC did not file? It clearly says it has to be approved by Verizon. Why would HTC only file for band 13? Tell me how you know HTC didn't file for more bands.

0 Likes
HTCU11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Any answer to this?

0 Likes
paulspound
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm following this because I too have the HTC U11 and very poor data speeds and every once in a while, I'll notice I have zero signal. I also have issues with not receiving the entire text message when it's over 160 characters. Maybe I'll start a new thread and see what happens.

MJLIVO
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been in discussions with the Executive Relations Department over the last several days.  As I get information I will post on here as she passes it on to me. 

HTCU11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Let me try to guess his name, was it Jesus you were speaking to? I already had it out with him. They said they are not going to do anything about this issue and he closed my case. He got irritated with me cause I refused to accept his response. hopefully you have better luck. More people need to do the same.

michaelbsheldon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm a long time Verizon customer. Have the U11 and want to follow this because I too have very poor data speeds and every once in a while, I'll notice I have zero signal. Really like both Verizon and HTC and would like this phone to have full network access with WiFi calling and carrier aggregation.

Please can Verizon revisit this issue and consider a firmware update flowing along with other updates to improve our signal?

HTCU11
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's ludicrous and suggests that both ATT and TMobile are illegally allowing a device to utilize bands 2 and 4 without proper certification.

0 Likes
Christiebunny
Enthusiast - Level 3

In my case, I get data, and only data, if I lock my U11 to "LTE Only"-- no calling, no calling over LTE, no calling over WI-FI even.   And, with a new sim, I lost even that.

Yet every other carrier sim I've tried (bought in the case of tracfone, borrowed for the others), works flawlessly.  (And, last I knew, tracfone used verizon's towers, among others.)  Everything works flawlessly, and I can even use wi-fi calling-- which I should be able to on verizon regardless of any other carrier/band issues, but I can't use it either.

So it's clearly not simply 'a phone issue'.  I've heard rumors that the next update will provide some sort of radio fix,  but I'm more inclined to think this won't be solved until something changes on verizon's end, unfortunately.  Especially considering that most of the people that have issues, WERE working fine for at least the first day or two after they put the phone on verizon.

mega-corp or  not, it's in their best interests to have happy customers... lawsuits are always more trouble than fixing the problem that led to them would have been.  I hope someone in the right position can see this thread, and takes heed, soon Smiley Sad

0 Likes
OneTugBoat
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have also had connectivity issues with this phone that were never present with the htc 10. I've never in my life had to RUU JUST to get service back. There's no telling exactly what causes it. I have found that I am able to connect to bands 2 & 4 but only with an app that forces it to do so. Hopefully in the future, with your bring your own device, they will actually work as intended.

JimBob_SF

OneTugBoat​ What app is that?

0 Likes