Re: HTC u11
HTCU11
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is a solution, HTC has an ruu.exe you can run from a pc it will return it to stock and get your signal back. You can follow this thread and find it https://forum.xda-developers.com/u11/help/verizon-t3619069

0 Likes
Christiebunny
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same issue, and the RUU does NOT fix it.   I've got a ticket escalated to tier-3 at the moment,  but if they can't find a way to fix it, I may need to talk to my lawyer.

it WAS working, perfectly fine, then simply stopped.  no change in firmware, no change in software, no change in the sim.  one minute fine, the next dead.   I've got HD voice, voLTE, should have wifi calling too.  but can't get anything but LTE data.   And that, only if I change 'preferred network type' to 'LTE only' or 'LTE/CDMA auto (prl)'.  No calls, no texts, everything else gives 'mobile network not available'.

There is a giant thread on XDA-Developers of people having the same issues, the same one linked to re:RUU in an earlier post.

Verizon needs to take steps to FIX this. all the band issues are completely software based; T-Mobile will get every band the phone's capable of, including 2&4 that verizon at the moment isn't allowing.  it's locked on LTE band 13 only, for verizon.  On verizon's side of things.

There is absolutely no way this many people could have a problem with a phone this well-built, on only ONE network.  It's not the phone.  Especially when wiping and even reflashing with an RUU doesn't repair the issue.

Verizon needs to fix this, soon, before they start losing more than just U11 customers..  And they should reimburse those of us with problems. and in my case, lost time and wages while I was without a phone, eventually buying a temporary phone I shouldn't have had to.

Fix this, Verizon.  Soon.

0 Likes
Christiebunny
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just to clarify, all the band issues are completely software based; Just look on HTC's own site:

• T-Mobile Unlocked:
      • 2G-GSM: (850/900/1800/1900)
      • 3G UMTS: 900/850/AWS/1900/2100 (1/2/4/5/8)
      • 4G LTE
      • FDD: Bands B1/B2B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B12/B13/B20/B25/B26/B28/B66
      • TDD: Bands B41
      • With 2CA, 3CA
      • VoLTE & VoWiFi calling
    • Verizon Unlocked:
      • 2G-GSM: (850/900/1800/1900)
      • 3G UMTS: 900/850/1900/2100 (1/2/5/8)
      • 4G LTE
      • FDD: Bands B13
      • VoLTE calling

Those are the radio specs for the unlocked U11,  Yet on T-mobile it gets far more bands than on Verizon.  The only difference between the two, is the SIM and the programming on the carrier's side, HTC only sells one unlocked phone, the SIM is what makes it work on whichever network.

0 Likes
HTCU11
Enthusiast - Level 3

yes it seems your issue is much different than mine. I lost compete signal 3 times but all three times was after a reboot. The HTC ruu.exe fixed it every time. But I still only get band 13 it seems Verizon isn't honoring their new "bring your own device" program. They have always made sure we could only use phones bought from Verizon at full retail price to keep us on contract for two years. Seems this is still the case. Verizon reps always pushing Samsung phones, seems there is backdoor agreements going on against HTC. Good luck hopefully Verizon will step up and do the right thing. This will hurt if not. I won't forget it.

0 Likes
HTCU11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Wireless Customer Support is there anything you're going to do to resolve this issue? This issue is effecting lots of people. We may need to contact the Attorney General or start a class action lawsuit. This issue is getting completely ignored. Hopefully Verizon does what's right for their loyal customers.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

There isn't much in the short term that could be done to allow for the U11 to operate on the other Verizon LTE bands.

Each manufacturer has to submit successful testing reports meeting network requirements to the FCC & carrier for device functionality on Bands 2&4 to be reviewed and approved by Verizon.

Until the approval process is successfully completed the HTC U11 would only operate as advertised, which per HTC (as Christiebunny posted above) is only currently operational on Band 13 with Verizon.

The testing & approval process is the same for all manufacturers, regardless of seller, or versions that are unlocked (Bringing your own device) or with carrier ROMs installed. An Attorney General or lawsuit wouldn't bypass this process,

0 Likes
HTCU11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for the reply. I was just saying attorney general or lawsuit cause we have not been able to get any answers. HTC originally stated that bands 2 and 4 would work then later changed it. So we have no clue as to what is going on.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then your complaint is against HTC not Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
HTCU11
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, our complaints are with HTC and Verizon. Verizon is the one who is blocking bands 2 and 4 since the device was not bought from them. They are limiting us to band 13. Our complaint is with Verizon.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, HTC didn't get the proper FCC certification for all of the bands for Verizon Wireless. Verizon Wireless can't stop a device from working on the network if it was certified properly because of the Block C rules.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes