Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,500 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Do Xiaomi Phones ( Xiaomi Mi A2 phone) Work on verizons network?
rchallender
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello I am trying to find out if any/all of the Xiaomi phones would work on AT&T's networks? I would ideally like 4g LTE coverage, and the Xiaomi Mi A2 supports the following bands,

Network:
● GSM: B2 / B3 / B5 / B8
● WCDMA: B1 / B2 / B4 / B5 / B8
● LTE: B1 / B2 / B3 / B4 / B5 / B7 / B8 / B20 / B38 / B40

How do I Find out what bands AT&T uses in my area ( Bozeman, MT)

and would i get atleast decent coverage? Trying to research this online and need help!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
Re: Do Xiaomi Phones ( Xiaomi Mi A2 phone) Work on verizons network?
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a Verizon Wireless forum as opposed to at&t mobile. GSM/WCDMA is a complete mismatch for Verizon Wireless which uses/used CDMA/EVDO. I believe Verizon Wireless uses LTE bands 2, 4 & 13.

rchallender
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh I also posted this on AT&T forum, did not realized I said AT&T in this one, I am Interested in foreign cell phones this one is from india and china, this phone im looking at supports both LTE 2, and 4 but not 13. If it supports 2 of the 3 would I be getting decent coverage?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need band 13. Otherwise it is a paperweight on the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rchallender, we do understand the importance of being able to get the information that you need when it comes to using the devices you own. To check the compatibility with your, Xiaomi Mi A2 device, you can enter the IMEI with this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/prospect/bring-your-own-device#/ . From there, you will be provided the information needed to see if the device can be used on our Verizon Wireless network. If you are inquiring information from a different carrier, getting in contact with their Customer Support team will be the option to take. 

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes