Re: Confusing rebate requirements for March 2020 BYOD promotion
TimH51074

I am going through the same thing from an offer they had in June.  Was told if I bring a device and start a new line I would receive a $250 gift card.  Now I'm being told that I had to port a number over with it as well.  Crazy that I've talked to 5 different Verizon employees and all of them said I would get this gift card and now I'm being told nope!  This is just the latest debacle since switching over back in June.  Was told my bill  was going to be $305/month (and might be a little higher the first month) and my first bill was $707!!!  Not sure how more than doubling the bill was "just a little higher"  I'm an educator and would be fired it I gave my students false information over and over again just to make them feel good.  It's VERY frustrating!!!  Just have your employees be honest from the beginning!!!  Its false advertisement!!!  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. This is never the experience that we want you to have and we want to make sure that you get all qualifying discounts or rebates. The last thing we want is for you to feel misled. Did you only open the one line? Do you remember requesting the gift card on our rebate website? 

RogelioZ_VZW

0 Likes
talmasi

I am waiting for my BYOD rebate that was submitted the end of May. Rebate website says my info is not found. I've tried to chat with customer service, and I1 go in circles with Chat Bot. I tried calling customer service, but it was full. I am hoping someone will respond and direct me on how to get some assistance. I'm a first time Verizon customer is this is not what I expect Customer Service to be. Please help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, I can further investigate this for you. Have you been in contact with the rebate center at all?

0 Likes
talmasi

I have not been able to rebate center. I go in circles. Rebate Center says info I entered is in valid. There are no other ways to contact. I tried 1800 number and it was not accepting calls/wait. I tried chat and that also went no where. Please let me know how I can get in touch with customer service.

0 Likes
talmasi

I gave up on trying to get pass ChatBot. However, I did eventually got through on the phone line and wait to a customer service. She was very helpful. My rebate submission is in the abyss somewhere, but Verizon was able to reinstate the rebate. I haven't seen the rebate yet, but it does appears that the process is confusing, but patience and persistence will eventually prevail and Verizon will honor the missing rebate. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are glad that you were able to get through to us. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns. 

JenelleW_vzw

0 Likes