Re: Bring your own device rebate scam
DuncanFam90
Enthusiast - Level 2

Of course after private messaging me and saying they could help, I get the standard reply back that the rebate submitted for was a Verizon ecard and there is no way to convert that to a prepaid MasterCard as the Verizon ecard was the rebate at the time. I had hoped, since they replied back that they didn’t want me to feel this way about Verizon, that FINALLY after multiple hours on chats and phone calls that someone could actually make this right. I should have known better. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns too. We thank you for sharing your screenshots and we're here to help you. We certainly don't want you to feel this way about Verizon and we'd like to turn this around. Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’re requesting your permission to gain access to your account. Please check your Inbox as we’ve sent a Private Message to you regarding on this topic:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

- RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DuncanFam90, we truly understand the importance of making sure you receive accurate information at all times. We apologize for the experience you had received. The rebate promotions that we offer will be Verizon eGift Cards unless the promotion specifies otherwise. All details pertaining to any promotion will be provided in the fine print or the promotional page.

Example promotional details https://vz.to/35yP2I6.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EID, we're truly glad to see that you received $250 in billing credits. We will continue to monitor and improve our Rebate Center options to ensure a smoother rebate process for our customers. It's truly disheartening to learn that you'll be leaving us soon. While we are not able to guarantee service indoors, we do want to provide alternative options such as Wi-Fi Calling/HD Voice. We also offer a Network Extender to help with indoor coverage. Here's a video that explains more:

https://www.verizonwireless.comanagementm/support/troubleshooting-wireless-signal-coverage-video/ . Please be sure to let us know if you need anything further. 

0 Likes
DuncanFam90
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have resigned myself to the fact my rebate is going to be Verizon ecards, and not the promised prepaid visa cards. I received 5 of the 7 rebates on August 26th. The last 2 rebates (submitted at the same time) were for two phones that I brought over at the same time as my other 5, but the rep online put them on a different account when she set us up, so I had 2 accounts, one with 5 lines and one with 2.  I have since (after hours online and on the phone with customer service) had the 2 lines moved over to our main account, and then submitted for the 7 rebates. I had a feeling when this happened that there would be something happen with the 2 rebates, and it seems to be the case. I received a confirmation email with tracking numbers for all 7 rebates, but the two are still pending, even though they were submitted at the same time.  The email said "Based on the purchase date provided, you can expect us to validate your rebate around September 6, 2020". I am hoping customer service will follow up with me to help get this resolved. I started a chat online this evening, and after the rep said they were going to check on this, it seems they either fell asleep or their shift ended, I never heard from them again after 30 minutes of waiting.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DuncanFam90, this is definitely not the experience we want for you, and we absolutely understand how important it is to ensure that you receive the last 2 Verizon eCards. We will be sending you a Private Note for further review and assistance.

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
OldHippy1369
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was told that I qualified for BYOD $150. Yet I checked status and tells me that the service I have does not qualify.  All I was supposed to do was bring my devise and sign up for post paid unlimited. Which I have done.  Do not understand WHY they say my plan doesn't qualify. Not to mention I have NO service. Stand right beside my neighbor who has verizon pre paid. He has 4G I  have 1 small bar. Have been with Verizon for about 5 weeks and have Never seen 4G on my phone. NO service in my house. Might be time to go elsewhere.

OldHippy1369
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, and thank you for contacting us here. We certainly want your new services to work the best, and I will be glad to provide you the support you need. Please send us a Private Note for further assistance.

Angel_VZW

0 Likes
OldHippy1369
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok Angel_VZW, how do I send you a Private  Note?

OldHippy1369
0 Likes
Bababin1986
Enthusiast - Level 2

They refuse to honor the rebate I was offered. I switched because the were supposed to have better service as well. The online only offer was bring your own device and get $450 in September. I had BOGO phones on a plan with Tmobile, but if I left I had to pay in full for the free phone. So because I was getting $900 total in promos from Verizon, I could afford to pay the 800 bucks to Tmobile for the phone a d switch.  The online rep didn't say anything about submitting any paperwork for a rebate, she just told me I would recieve gift cards in the mail(when I asked again about the $450 per phone at the end of our convo).Now Verizon is saying I had to submit a rebate within 30 days, and will not return my calls from the department that is supposed to straighten the rebate issues out. I wasnt given any paperwork for the rebate and there are no "rebate codes" on the emailed reciept they sent me. This is a scam the are running.  They tell you, you'll get a rebate to get you to sign up,  but never have any intention of honoring it.