Bring your own device problems
WILWIL33

Recently, I purchased two Xs Max Iphones directly from Apple through the Apple Upgrade Program.  I researched and confirmed with Apple that the devices could be used with all US Cellular carriers.  At the time of delivery I was with T-Mobile.  The next week I visited a Verizon Corporate store and began the process of switching to Verizon wireless under the BYOD program.   That turned into an ordeal because our device IEMI's were not in Verizon's database.  After several days, we were converted.  Our devices work well from a wireless call standpoint.  However, Visual Voicemail does not work.  After several calls with Verizon tech support as well as Apple tech support, I was informed that Visual Voicemail will not work on our Iphones because they are not Verizon branded iphones.  They could not tell me why (hardware or software) that would be.  Just that I did not buy the phones from Verizon.   They would not add my device IEMI's to whatever system they have so that my devices can be provisioned for Visual Voicemail.  In my opinion, this is very heavy handed.  So beware the Verizon BYOD program.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bring your own device problems
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi WILWIL33

Thank you for your feedback. Just confirming that Verizon is not currently supporting 2018 iPhones purchased directly from other carriers. But please stay tuned as we are working to provide support later this year.

0 Likes
WILWIL33

I bought my two Xs Max iPhones directly from Apple.  iPhone Xs Max is listed in Verizon supported devices for visual voicemail.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Apparently there are different part numbers under each model of the iPhone Xs Max. Which part number did you purchase? iPhone XS Max Model Number A1921, A2101, A2102, A2104 Differences - TechWalls

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
WILWIL33

A1921

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is the model number, but not the PART number.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi WilWil33

I am sorry you had to repeat that you purchased your devices from Apple. It sounds like your devices are being categorized as other carrier models. I am trying to get confirmation. We are working to fully support all 2018 iPhones soon. 

Ann154​ Thanks for your participation!

0 Likes
WILWIL33

Model Number: MT6A2LL/A (A1921)

0 Likes
WILWIL33

Thank you.  I look forward to a resolution.  It would be unfortunate if all customers like myself who purchase directly from Apple experience less than an optimal service/support from Verizon.

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi WilWil33

The model MT6A2LL/A is a T-Mobile version. You can search for this model on Google to verify. We are sorry that there might have been misinformation when it was purchased but other carrier 2018 iPhones are currently not supported.

0 Likes