Re: BlackBerry Key2 LE certified for Verizon BYOD!
nicandron_vzw
Verizon Employee

simplyrussian, you have come to the right place for help with your BlackBerry Key2 LE's SMS issues. Let's do all we can to help your phone receive messages like normal. I'll be sending you a Private Message (PM) shortly. When you have a moment, please respond back through that PM for direct assistance. Thank you!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mdk308
Enthusiast - Level 1

i bought the Key2 LE and really like it but cannot get MMS to work on third-party texting apps (e.g., textra). MMS works fine on the stock app but i would greatly prefer to use textra...any ideas on a fix?

Phosphorous1

You need to call level 2 support and have them provision your phone as CDMA-less and it will work.

0 Likes
Ludlow

I have now been told by our Verizon representative that the Key 2 LE cannot use Visual Voicemail, cannot make 4G LTE video calls, will not notify you when you receive a voice mail, and the only way to access voice mail is by manually dialing *86.  I have confirmed all of this.  How can this be certified on the Verizon network if it can't even tell you when you receive a voicemail???

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ludlow wrote:

I have now been told by our Verizon representative that the Key 2 LE cannot use Visual Voicemail, cannot make 4G LTE video calls, will not notify you when you receive a voice mail, and the only way to access voice mail is by manually dialing *86. I have confirmed all of this. How can this be certified on the Verizon network if it can't even tell you when you receive a voicemail???

Those are Verizon Wireless exclusive features and won't be available on unlocked unbranded devices. As for your voicemails, you need to go into your MyVerizon account online and add the Block Visual Voicemail feature to your line. If you don't have that option in the Blocks section, can customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone and request they add the Block Visual Voicemail feature to your line. Once you have the block in place, the phone will receive the notification symbol in your notification bar informing you of a new voicemail. You still have to dial *86 to access the voicemail system.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ludlow

Hi Ann.  Thanks for that.  I did end up calling the 800 number and the gentlemen on the phone said he had to activate my visual voice mail in order for the notifications to come down.  I found that strange as I knew the Visual Voicemail wasn't supported.  However after he enabled it, I did start receiving voicemail notifications at the top of the device.  Unfortunately, I can't get the red asterisk to display on the phone or "Call Voicemail" shortcut so my only notification is across the top, but that's far better than nothing.  I even went to Phone App > Settings > Voicemail > Notifications > Advanced > Show Notification Dot.

On a side note, if it helps anyone, to get rid of the annoying "Visual Voicemail" error when you go to the Voicemail section of the phone app, in the phone app go to Settings, Voicemail, and turn off the Visual Voicemail toggle.

0 Likes
COOLBEANS5665

Hi, I was thinking about getting the key2 let, and I was wondering if features like wifi calling would work as I need it for my home.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

COOLBEANS5665 wrote:

Hi, I was thinking about getting the key2 let, and I was wondering if features like wifi calling would work as I need it for my home.

WiFi calling won't work on that phone model.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
COOLBEANS5665

So is that because Verizon won't allow it? I emailed blackberry mobile and they said the phone is set up for with for wifi calling, but to check with the carrier.

0 Likes
david50100
Enthusiast - Level 1

Called Verizon and had them enable the CDMAless feature on my account. This fixed everything. Thank you!

0 Likes