Re: BlackBerry Key2 LE certified for Verizon BYOD!
THOPED2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you! If you could please send me a message to get started on this remedy I would greatly appreciate it

0 Likes
Cold45
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes please do.

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

MATKOW19

Thank you for reporting back. We hope and expect things will be smooth from here out.

Thank you ALL for your feedback. Because of your posts, we believe we have improved the activation experience for this KEY2 LE moving forward.

0 Likes
VINHER47

I had first bought the blackberry key2. When I put in my sim card, everything worked but I could not receive text messages. After a few days of research, I realized from forms that I should of got the blackberry key2LE. As they said this is the one that works on the network. I then bought the key2le went to best buy to get it hooked up and I ran into the same issue.... Everything worked but I could still not receive text messages. The associate there played around in my account and he changed a few things. I believe the first thing was the sfo 858306 whatever that was... He then changed it to CDMA Less device provisioning.  Once he did this everything was working and I was now able to receive text messages.... I said that's weird. If everything worked on the key2 but receiving text messages what would make it different for the key2LE. We then just out of curiosity figured let's try the key2 again and yes everything was now working web,email,phone and text both in and out.... So I'm here to say YES both the key2 and the key2LE will work on the network as long as you do the above. Hope this helps... Verizon please update your notes about these phones.

0 Likes
corteocat
Enthusiast - Level 2

We would like to purchase a Key2 LE to use on our verizon account. How do we verify it is "CDMAless" before we purchase it?

0 Likes
RAM73
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is getting exciting! 

Can you please confirm the model # of the Key2 and the Key2 LE you got to work? 

I've been wanting the K2 but heard the same info, that only K2 LE would work. 

Thank you! 

0 Likes
corteocat
Enthusiast - Level 2

We spoke to Verizon tech support several times last week, regarding bringing a Key2 LE onto our plan as a BYOD.

Tech Support told us that only Model BBE100-5 will work.

We purchased that model on Amazon, picked up a SIM card at our local corporate Verizon store, and called tech support back after we got home. They were easily able to activate the phone - however they initially doubted that this phone was on their BYOD list (it is)..

We are fully functional, no problems with receiving text messages.

So, apparently, model  is "CDMAless"

Here is the info on the specific phone we purchased on Amazon $449.00):

BlackBerry KEY2 LE Unlocked Android Smartphone (AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon), 64GB, 13MP Rear Dual Camera, Android 8.1 Oreo (U.S. Warranty) – Slate                                                                                                                       

Phosphorous1

Carol or someone, I am having trouble getting my Key2 working activated on the Verizon network through the help desk, would appreciate some help.

0 Likes
simplyrussian

Is there any way you could review my account, or just explain to me what needs to be done. I'm having the same issue of not receiving SMS messages on my key2 le. After changing out 3 Sim cards and spending close to 2 hours on the phone with tech support I am out of options.

0 Likes
simplyrussian

derekr_vzw I desperately need your help.

0 Likes