Re: BlackBerry Key2 LE certified for Verizon BYOD!
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Please don't apologize. We are sorry you have had this experience. And there is a text message issue behavior (not receiving texts) if the device is not activated with the SIM provisioned correctly. But this is not a device issue. If you can try via MyVerizon later, this should resolve the issue on the KEY2 LE. If you need to switch back to another device, you can use the same process. Sorry again and pleas keep us posted.  

MATKOW19
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems to be accepting the device switch but it needs to send me an online authorization code.  I am getting an error that says i cannot receive the online code due to a recent change on my account.  Not sure what that would have been, i know a rep changed my plan.  I had an unlimited plan but she had said something about a 1 line unlimited plan (unlimited go maybe?) and i told her she could change it.  any advice would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

MATKOW19 wrote:

It seems to be accepting the device switch but it needs to send me an online authorization code. I am getting an error that says i cannot receive the online code due to a recent change on my account. Not sure what that would have been, i know a rep changed my plan. I had an unlimited plan but she had said something about a 1 line unlimited plan (unlimited go maybe?) and i told her she could change it. any advice would be appreciated.

If the plan change isn't scheduled until your next billing cycle, then you will have a pending change on your account until then.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi AMATHA82

Thank you for reporting back. We notified our customer care team who will be contacting you (with this background info) to resolve this all for you. We will also be looking into the authorization code issue as that seems different. Will you please keep us posted?

AMATHA82
Enthusiast - Level 1

I attempted to active/switch multiple times, and the page would not complete loading. I attempted BYOD through MyVerizon app, and I could not get past entering model number. I contacted Verizon support, and in part, “…since that IMEI will not take in our system to activate (it does not recognize as a device) and after research in all my resources here, finding nothing... I went out online. I have located through BB Blogs that this device is designed to work on GSM technology which we do not support. All manufacturers design devices according to a carriers technology, ours as CDMA and there are a couple carriers that use GSM technology... so the manufacturer would have to work with Verizon on design to be compatible with our technology of service and this is probably why you got the information about the SFO, this sounds pretty involved beyond both of our scopes to create this device to work on our network. I know that may be a lot but I wanted to resolve why this is not activating and based on this information it can certainly be awhile if at all…”

Unfortunately, I have too much time invested in what I thought would a simple process. I do not find two separate devices built – if there is, then I and the store I bought from erred. However, I went across the street to T-Mobile and told them my dilemma and they gave me a SIM to test – it worked as expected. I have since switched carriers. I have been with Verizon for about 20 years, as they do have the best network; however, in the age of security issues, using a Blackberry phone outweighs use of carrier.

Carol_vzw, you have been extremely helpful and I appreciate your efforts. Though there seems to be a disconnect with Verizon regarding the Key2 LE. Best Wishes.

Cold45
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just bought a key two le from amazon and everything is working except receiving sms.  When i go to active the phone it says my imei is not supported. When I called vzw they said this phone is not supported and did not offer any help.

Eileenshower
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have a key2 that cannot receive text messages. I went to Verizon and bought a new sim card, the guy at Verizon said that there Key2 is not even in their system and will not allow them to register it for the new sim.  Every thing else works, phone calls both in and out, emails, face book messages in and out but not texts from Verizon messages at all. Please help rectify this asap

THOPED2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue that my device is not properly activated and cannot receive SMS. Can you have someone familiar with this reach out to me?

MATKOW19
Enthusiast - Level 2

I worked with verizon on the phone Friday evening and they got everything working working perfectly, i appreciate all the help.

derekr_vzw
Verizon Employee

Cold45, Eileenshower, THOPED2,

We want to make sure you are able to receive text messages on your device. You will need to have a CDMAless device and feature on the account. If you would like me to further review your account, let me know and I can send a Private Message to get started.

DerekR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!