BlackBerry Key2 LE certified for Verizon BYOD!
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

From BlackBerry: Capturing the balance between iconic BlackBerry design and modern elements, the BlackBerry KEY2 LE features a lightweight polycarbonate frame and a newly designed soft textured back that provides better in-hand grip to prevent drops.

The KEY2 LE is available for purchase from BlackBerry and other retailers for BYOD activation on Verizon.

KEY2 front.jpg

Return to Verizon BYOD Community

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: BlackBerry Key2 LE certified for Verizon BYOD!
AMATHA82
Enthusiast - Level 1

Purchased the Blackberry Key2 LE via Best Buy as it has been whitelisted by Verizon.  

Removed SIM from Samsung Galaxy S7 (through Verizon) and put in SIM1 of Key2 LE, I was able to do everything but receive texts. 

Verizon customer support was not able to assist.

Blackberry Mobile support indicates that Verizon provided the following to them as resolution:

We will need you to go to Verizon and have them give you a new SIM card for your device. Also, they need to add a Batch Order for a SFO code

The SFO code it is 83856

And only then they will be able to see the

"CDMA-less devices provisioning"

With those steps, the phone will receive the SMS on the Key2 LE.

I went into Lancaster, OH store and they were not able to do this with SIM, so they contacted Verizon Support, who after 45 minutes indicated “Verizon no longer carries this device, as the device has expired and no longer is supported”.  

How can I get the correct SIM and use my new phone?

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi AMATHA82

We are really sorry to hear about your experience. You can activate your device through MyVerizon (this website). When logged in you will see an option for "My Devices" > "Activate or Switch". Choose Activate. This will ensure your line has the correct provisioning and fix the SMS issue you are seeing. Would you please report back here so we know the issue is resolved?

0 Likes
MATKOW19
Enthusiast - Level 2

i bought the BBE100-5 from amazon and the even the blackberry box it came in says its verizon compatible.  is this 100% the solution to get my phone activated?

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi MATKOW19

If you are activating your KEY2 LE on an existing phone number, MyVerizon Activate or Switch (Activate) is the self-service path that we recommend for activation. Please just do not take a SIM from your current device and swap it to the KEY2 LE without having MyVerizon or customer support activate it for the KEY2 LE. The device is certified for Verizon as the box says and we hope you love it.

0 Likes
MATKOW19
Enthusiast - Level 2

i worked with verizon and had it activated yesterday, it sends texts and can call and receive calls but i cannot receive texts.  Is there a way to address this issue or is there a solution in the works?  I had a text from verizon this morning that says my key 2 was added to the data base and to activate it but i am wondering if it will have the same issues.

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi MATKOW19

It looks like you have a Samsung device on the line now? Can you please use MyVerizon to activate your KEY2 SE? MyVerizon (log in) > MyVerizon > Activate or Switch (Activate) > follow the steps to activate so you see KEY2 SE as your device when you are in MyVerizon. I am looking into that message about the database as your KEY2 SE (all KEY2 SEs) should already be in our database. Thanks for reporting.

0 Likes
MATKOW19
Enthusiast - Level 2

so there are reportedly no issues with receiving texts?  that was the issue i had last night so i switched back to my Samsung S8.  i don't have my phone with me right now but will try later and see what happens, thank you for the help.

0 Likes
MATKOW19
Enthusiast - Level 2

i checked my account it shows my S8 is activated, i am using it now so i am not sure how it shows that the blackberry is activated.

0 Likes
MATKOW19
Enthusiast - Level 2

Never mind i misunderstood

0 Likes