Being Penalized when terms change after we sign up!!
Mea1402

Last year I switched with a few people to Verizon. Two people in my account had the BYOD 250 promo last december 15 2019.  This year in November those two people switched to ATT but as a loyal customer I stayed because to this date I loved all the features of Verizon and the good customer service. Now in my next bill summary I see two 250$ charge back which I am guessing is the BYOD credit those people got last year. First of all, I have not even used that credit but those people did and even the rebate card has their name. As an account holder I am being penalized and this is not fair! You should go after them! Secondly, I checked all the email and the actual mail of the rebates (I asked them to submit the letter) there is no mention of a charge back under certain conditions! Thanks God I saved the BYOD website last year and see that you can see a language about this only if you click an extra link which tells that if you switch back within 6 months verizon can charge back. Just to mention those two people switched after 6 months so there is no reason for the chargeback( read more below).

First of all this is terrible for a company like verizon it is like a scam. There is nothing in signing and nowhere while submitting the promo you can see this coming up. You have to click that link and read. There is nowhere that I myself as account holder agreed those terms. There is no mention it elsewhere but in the small details and those two rebate cards has not my name. You are issuing it to others but asking me to pay back. This is very stressful and why do verizon do these scam type of promos as reliable company. If you are worried people are switching over and misusing it give monthly credits like with phones so that everyone is happy! And no loyal people is penalized

More important thing is this even with the terms these people have switched after 10 months not 6 months and leaving aside this scammy verizon practice, there is no reason for me being charged this amount. Now here where I think the problem arise. I checked the conditions for this promo for this year and now this 6 months become 12 months in this years promo. Are we being penalized for this? IT was 6 months when we signed up for it. If so that is ridiculous , if not why do I see a charge back. Verizon you have to be more transparent.

I think in my case at least this is a software glitch and am hoping Verizon can fix this glitch and solve the problem and also leave this scammy practice in general. I wanted peace of mind but I spend one hour on thanksgiving day for this! 

0 Likes
Re: Being Penalized when terms change after we sign up!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mea1402, I have sent you a Private Note, please reply to me there.

AkaneM_VZW

0 Likes
Mea1402

I am so annoyed about this process and would like the report my experience. I get 500$ charged on my bill although the agent that replied to this said she will take care of this once the bill hits I had to contact again. They investigated the issue and verified that i have been mistakenly charged 500$ because the original terms of my promo was only six months. This has been verified by a verizon agent who submitted the credit and told me it would be approved in two days. Today i have recontacted and told the credit is rejected without reason no one bothered to tell me this. Are playing with or what sort of customer experience is this? Total ripoff and very frustration I have spent 5 hours of my time and it is still going this is very ridiculous!! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mea1402, we always want to make sure that you can get the help needed with this issue. So we can discuss this, please sendus a Private Note. JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
Mea1402

I would like to update on this issue. I have written an email about this to Verizon executive office. In less than a day I get a call back from a really nice lady who did more than enough to solve this issue. She reinstated my faith in verizon. I gave feedback so that others are not experiencing what I think is a technical glitch. Thanks everyone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we are glad to see your issue got resolved. Providing a world-class experience is our number one priority. Thanks for the feedback. Your input is taken seriously and your voice will be heard. Thanks for being the best part of Verizon. Have a Happy New Year!

0 Likes