Highlighted

BYOD Scam

I recently brought several lines to Verizon from Sprint. 

I did so with the understanding that there would be a $300 rebate associated with each phone that I brought. 

I used the promo code BYOD300.

As I completed this process I confirmed with Reps both on the phone, and the online chat, that I would be receiving these rebates. 

I recently attempted to check the status of the rebates, and was informed that the unlimited plan that I signed up for was not eligible.  They tried to hold me hostage, telling me that  i would not receive them without upgrading my plan.

I reaffirmed that the start unlimited plan was eligible for the rebates with a representative over chat.

I would like for a customer service representative to reach out to me, and to ensure that this rebate is applied.   If it is not, be assured that I will take my business elsewhere.

Highlighted

Re: BYOD Scam

I am in a similar situation.

Resubmitted my rebate case twice, they are saying they can't find my number or account under Verizon, so they are not honoring the rebate deal. Well, guess what, I've been paying Verizon for 5 months. (Am I a joke to Verizon?)

For anyone considering bringing your own device to Verizon because of the rebate deal, it's just not worth it.

Highlighted

When asked, how an individual could verify whether or not the account was eligible they admit, that it is only through their representatives.   So if  a representative tells me it is eligible, i expect it to be eligible. 

Highlighted

I just posted this in another forum. I’m urging everyone this happened to, to report it to Better Business Bureau. I was gonna chock it up to some weird error bc it happened to me and my family. Now I think its def a scam! 

Tags (1)
0 Likes