BYOD Rebate scam
sarahwinters

I recently brought 4 phones over to Verizon from Sprint.  I received 4 e-gift cards at $250 each on July 23.  I tried to use them yesterday to pay my upcoming bill and to my surprise two of the 4 cards had a ZERO balance.  I spent 4 hours on the phone with Verizon but no resolution.  I have read in multiple places that Verizon employees actually steal these cards??? Are you kidding me?  Back to shopping for a new cell phone provider.  This is unbelievable.

0 Likes
Re: BYOD Rebate scam
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are so sad that your gift cards had a zero balance on them. We don't want to lose you as our customer. We are here to help.

All you need to do is contact our Promotions Team that handles those gift cards and they can get this corrected for you. Please give us a call at 800-876-4141.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
Re: BYOD Rebate scam
sarahwinters

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your attention. Getting in touch with Verizon has been so difficult for anything.  I am regretting bringing over my 6 lines on my account.  Have you ever dialed that number you provided? If so, you would know that it is only an automated line offering choice of 1 for your card balance and 2 for terms and conditions.  You can never talk to a live rep on that line.  I am so disappointed in Verizon customer service and have wasted countless hours trying to get assistance.  Shame!

0 Likes