BYOD Promo - A cautionary tale
smoyerphd

I'm posting this as a warning to anyone considering switching to VZ and taking advantage of the $150 BYOD promotion.

I recently switched to VZ from ATT and brought my own device (an original Google Pixel).  I submitted the form for the BYOD promo on the same day that I picked up my SIM card at the VZ store and activated my device on the VZ network.

Not too long after, BUT before I received the BYOD promo, VZ had a sale on the Pixel 3, so I purchased one.  I didn't believe this would create any problems with the BYOD promo, since the fine print simply states that I need to keep my wireless service for 6 months, or the BYOD promo would be charged back to my account upon early closing.

Unfortunately, the VZ switch team is now telling me that I am not eligible for the BYOD promo.  The truly stunning irony here is that I am still using the device I brought to VZ from ATT -- the new one is still sitting in the box and has never been turned on.

I've sent the VZ switch team records of my picking up the SIM card, and demonstrated that the IMEI of my device on the VZ network is that of the device I brought to VZ.  And that's on top of the fact that the BYOD promo does not stipulate that I could not purchase another device at a later date.

I've had weeks of back-and-forth with the VZ switch team, and at this point I'm not optimistic this will get resolved.  Definitely not the "welcome" I was expecting in switching to VZ from ATT.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BYOD Promo - A cautionary tale
smoyerphd

Following up my own post: I am pleased to say that a VZ customer service representative was able to fix this issue for me.  I want to give credit where it is due -- and I must say that the VZ team member would assisted me was amazing!

0 Likes