BYOD - Key2 LE -how to confirm it is CDMAless
corteocat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Prior BYOD discussions have confirmed that the Black Berry Key2 LE is white listed by Verizon as a BYOD, but there are many issues with receiving text messages.

Part of the "fix" is to make sure to purchase a CDMAless version of the BB Key2 LE.

Is a phone which says it is  "GSM Unlocked (AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon)" a version that is CDMAless?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BYOD - Key2 LE -how to confirm it is CDMAless
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

corteocat, I understand the importance of making sure your Key2 LE is available to be used on the Verizon network. I am here to assist. The best way to figure out if your device is compatible with our network is to use the link listed below. Have you already checked to see if your device was compatible? If so what were your results? Can you provide more information on the issues you are receiving with the text messages? https://www.verizonwireless.com/prospect/bring-your-own-device/#/checkDevice

Justin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
corteocat
Enthusiast - Level 2

We talked to Verizon tech support multiple times prior to receiving your response to our question- Tech Support told us that only Model BBE100-5 will work. We purchased it on Amazon, picked up a SIM card at our local corporate Verizon store, and called tech support back after we got home. They were able to activate the phone. We are fully functional, no problems with receiving text messages.

So, apparently, this model is "CDMAless"

thanks.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

For future reference, a list of certified unlocked phones can be found at:

Verizon Certified Unlocked Android Smartphones

0 Likes
chrism_vzw
Verizon Employee

We appreciate the follow up and are glad to hear everything is working as intended. We want you to be able to use the wireless service to its fullest potential. Is there anything else that we can assist with while we are here?

ChrisM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes