BYOD Bait & Switch
kbsfrustrated
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched the first week of July 2019 from ATT to Verizon due to the constant and consistent customer service issues and zero follow through.  I also wanted to take advantage of the Verizon BYOD promotion.  I switched two Apple iphones, two Apple watches, and two Apple ipads.  I processed this all online, through their step by step process, and then followed that up with the submission on their BYOD rebate website.  I received email confirmations for all the submissions saying to expect the rebate completion by August 21.  Since August 21, I have been on the Rebate Chat to ask for status, and every time they advise it takes 10 weeks.  Why not state that from the beginning to give accurate representation?  It has now been over 10 weeks and I am being told, on 3 seperate occasions, that it is now escalated, and to wait 72 hours.  It is 17 days later, and still no response, update or completion.  Now, today, September 13, I was told all lines are ineligible.  WHAT?!  They told my they were not ported from another carrier.  EXCUSE ME?!  All 6 lines were transferred over from ATT, step by step through their exact process on their website?   How can it be invalid if i follow your steps and procedures, and follow up the way I am supposed to?  Now I am being told there is nothing they can do?  I switch for this promotion, i get denied the promotion, even though I followed your process on your website, and I get punished by losing a promotion that was promised?!  Seems to me that this is a very bad Bait & Switch and apparently the many, many comments/questions/concerns on this website by other users have the same thing happen to them.

I would like the rebate promotions I was promised and offered and signe dup for, or I will cancel my service, and issues a formal complaints to the CFPB, FTC, legally governing bodies in my state for this eggregious bait & switch tactic.

Re: BYOD Bait & Switch
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We sincerely appreciate you coming to the Verizon Wireless family, kbsfrustrated. I assure you we have no intention of this being the welcome you get. I will do all I can to help make this right with you. I’ve sent a Private Note to you, since most of the details we need are not questions we’d ask here in public.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
kbsfrustrated
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do i reply to your private message?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that you can quickly and easily reply to that Private Note. Make sure that you are signed in when in the Verizon Community forums. Once you select the Private Note we sent you, you should see the option to reply to it. If you have further questions, let us know. 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes