Highlighted

BYOD - A Scam

I Brought over 3 devices from Sprint and now I am being told that because I didn't buy them from Verizon I don't qualify for $750 worth of rebates. Before switching Customer Service assured me I qualify. What is the point if not that you're bringing over a phone that you didn't buy from Verizon??

Additionally there is no fine print in the offer saying you have to purchase the phone from Verizon!

HAs anyone else been scammed with BYOD?

Highlighted

Re: BYOD - A Scam

Customer Support

Our goal is to help in any way we can. We have sent you a Private Note so we can better assist you. GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have same complaint. I brought over 2 phones, followed all requirements: Step 1 "Get $250 when you bring your own smartphone" CHECK. Step 2 "Go to...website to redeem $250"  Register BYOPHONE250" CHECK. Now 3 weeks later they tell me my request is "invalid" as I did not meet their terms as it states in first line "Offer available to Online and Telesales Orders Only." What does that mean? I take to mean (and verified by a Verizon instore rep) that you fill out the offer online, which I did. After reading the many varied excuses Verizon reps come up with to invalidate them making payment, I am really disappointed I joined this company. I will not let this go, so would appreciate someone from Escalation Dept contacting me to resolve this.

Highlighted

Customer Support

We want to do everything we can to help! To provide our best support, please reach out to us through your personal Facebook or Twitter account. Other ways to communicate with us would be found here: www.vzw.com/support/contact-us . We hope to hear from you soon. MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

My experience has been so much worse. As if your experience wasn't bad enough. My account has yet to be resolved. I am out $315 that I cannot get refunded until my account is fixed. I spent 5 days on the phone with them trying to get it fixed, that was over 2 weeks ago. I was supposed to get several promos. Ported 2 numbers (200 each) and BYOP - 250. I'm being told I won't qualify anymore - even if my account is ever fixed because once it is, I will be a Verizon to Verizon transfer. And will no longer be eligible. This is barely scratching the surface of what has happened to me because I thought switching to Verizon would be a good thing. Now I've got a 2-year contract with 4 lines that I am terrified I am going to be liable for things that I shouldn't on. 

Highlighted

Customer Support

We never want to hear this jennygertrude, we certainly are happy that you have joined us and we want to make sure your experience is nothing but a positive one. If you are owed a promotion we want to make that happen. Please know as well that we no longer have contracts. I just want to clarify what you are referring to when you say, you need to have your account fixed before we can provide any promotional credits? What do you mean when you say, it will be a Verizon to Verizon transfer? T

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

I just had a similar experience.  I went into the Verizon store.  After talking with the rep about needing to add another line, the rep RECOMMENDED this rebate and even filled out the form for me so that I would have do deal with the hassle.  I ported over the number from another carrier, brought in an older Verizon phone and all looked good.  The rep went over our plan, cost and the the rebate.  Now I am told that the plan we have doesn't qualify.  THe rep said nothing about our plan.  We extensively went over our plan versus other plans.  I should have known this was going to not work, that visit went way too smoothly.  Typically Verizon visits are terribly painful and this one was enjoyable.  THis is classic Verizon bait and switch and clearly you either have your own reps in on it or have the details so buried that even they can't figure out your requirements.  My decision to add a line with Verizon was based on this rebate due financial decisions and now Verizon gets to back out of their part of the agreement.  Not classy, Verizon.  This is not how to keep customers that have been with you for over a decade but could easily switch to other carriers that are cheaper.

Highlighted

Customer Support

We know how important it is to have your promotion run smoothly. There will always be guidelines to deals that are offered. The rebate does require you to be on an unlimited plan. What plan are you currently on?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

I too was a victim of this scam in September. Sad to say. I looked for the “code” couldn’t find one. Spoke to a customer service representative who assured me I qualified and “not to worry, we here at Verizon do everything in our power to make sure our customers are happy.”  So, I’m going through life feeling pretty good. The first bill was a shocker. Double the amount? I call and say, is this a deposit? No, of course not. “This just is a bill that ensures your service is not interrupted when you make changes mid cycle and will not be charged.”  Ok I said hesitantly. I didn’t worry, I was getting this credit card in the mail, right? I thought to myself. Then I decided to upgrade to the new iPhone 12 pro. Even got one of those Verizon credit cards. Thought this was a great program. I get money off my bill and special perks. Well I texted CS to see where my rebate was for BYOD. Nope, not registered. Couldn’t even find the promotion nor the phone call with customer service who assured me I was “ok”. Now I have a company, credit card and phone that I’m all very disillusioned by. I’d stick to AT&T if I were my former self. 🤦🏻‍♂️