Adding new device on account issue.
MarkC609

Hi I recently changed my carrier and have the Verizon GoUnlimited plan. When I went to the Verizon store I already had a carrier unlocked Galaxy Note9 that I was using on AT&T. The rep was able to register my Note9 on my account and I was able to get Verizon apps onto it. I also have a carrier unlocked S10+ that I would like to soon use on my account. When I insert my sim card into my S10+ it does work but I do not get Verizon apps as the sim does not load up Verizon apps. When I check the Verizon BYOD it says my SM-G975UW will work on Verizon's network but when I try to add this device it says the sim's ICCID will not work with it. My question is how do I get my S10+ to work on my account so I can have all the Verizon apps installed.

0 Likes
Re: Adding new device on account issue.
bearone21
Legend

probably needs it's own sd card, not one from another phone.

0 Likes
bbrdtylr
Contributor - Level 2

Is it possible that it's still locked? The BYOD tool will show if it's compatible, but can't tell if the phone is locked. I've seen quite a few people on here complain about their phones still being locked after the other carrier told them it was unlocked. Maybe double check?

0 Likes
MarkC609

My S10+ is 100% unlocked as well as my Note9 is. Both are from the same carrier and unlocked. Both were used on AT&T just fine. My Note9 was activated on my account and I don't see why my S10+ would not be. Is this strictly have to do with the sim card? I would like to use my S10+ asap.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Verizon applications might not be compatible with that particular model of phone. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MarkC609

When I insert my sim card into my S10+ it immediately connects to Verizon service and 4GLTE. no problems making/recieving calls, text, or using the web. The issue is that the device does not restart the system and add Verizon boot animation or Verizon bloatware. Do I have to do exactly what I did with my Note9 and have a new sim registered to the IMEI# of my S10+? My Note9 & S10+ are both carrier unlocked devices. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why would you want to "infect" an unlocked unbranded device with the Verizon Wireless bloatware and boot animation? You should never expect to see the Verizon Wireless boot animation or software automatically added to an unbranded device. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MarkC609

It is a Xfinity Mobile unlocked S10+ not a Samsung unlocked device. I use the Verizon Bloatware and would like it on my S10+ as it is on my Xfinity Mobile unlocked Note9. My S10+ is currently stuck on ATT service provider. Like I said these devices are carrier unlocked and worked fine on ATT but I did not like my service with ATT so I switched to Verizon and I am happy with it and would just like to have my S10+ registered on my account.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@MarkC609 wrote:

It is a Xfinity Mobile unlocked S10+ not a Samsung unlocked device. I use the Verizon Bloatware and would like it on my S10+ as it is on my Xfinity Mobile unlocked Note9. My S10+ is currently stuck on ATT service provider. Like I said these devices are carrier unlocked and worked fine on ATT but I did not like my service with ATT so I switched to Verizon and I am happy with it and would just like to have my S10+ registered on my account.

Unlocked from another carrier or unlocked from the manufacturer, it doesn't matter. There is no guarantee another carrier's applications will work on a device that came from another source. The boot animation is even less to change based on whichever carrier the phone is activated on. 

0 Likes
MarkC609
Thank you for your time Ann and this is why in my original post I stated that my SM-G975UW says in the Verizon BYOD check that it will work on Verizon's network.  When I go to add a device on My Verizon it comes up it is not compatible with my sim card Verizon gave me for my Note9 that works fine. I am going to bring it into a Verizon store tommorow and figure this out.
0 Likes