2019 Ford Escape Connected Car W-Fi
jav6
Champion - Level 3

I'm trying to check my 2019 Ford Escape's on board modem ESN for device compatibility for the Connected Car WiFi.  When I enter the ESN, the response is that the Device ID is invalid.  When chatting with the 'wireless sales' reps, they tried to transfer/say it was a residential department issue.  Has anyone been successful in connecting their Ford to their VZW account as a connected device?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: 2019 Ford Escape Connected Car W-Fi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I realize how important having service at all times can be since my family members frequently use data while in my car.  Let’s go over this in more detail together.  What specific type of device are you trying to connect to your car Wi-Fi?  Can you tell us more about your vehicle Wi-Fi set up?  We want to make sure we have all the details to be as efficient as possible.

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
Re: 2019 Ford Escape Connected Car W-Fi
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Well, If I ever get the Android Auto activated in my Escape, I'll be using my Droid Turbo 2, which is connecting now to the trial subscription with AT&T which provides the WiFi hotspot in my Escape.  I would, however, like to connect my Escape's onboard modem to the Verizon network and my Verizon account as a connected device rather than subscribe to the AT&T network.  As I stated originally, the Verizon website doesn't like the ESN format of my onboard modem in the Escape when doing the compatibility check.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes