$100 BYOD Promotion
JENISWERLD

Why can I not locate the $100 BYOD promotion?  I was told and read and called to confirm that the BYOD promotion was if I brought my own devise I could go to verizonwireless.com/switch, select BYOD eligible 4G smartphone Get $100.  There is no such link to this.  The only thing I see is if I bring my own and buy another phone.  WRONG!!!  Help please:)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: $100 BYOD Promotion
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might not be an active promotion.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JENISWERLD, we know how important it is to get a great offer when joining the best network. We are happy to review that offer with you. This offer started 10/12/2017 and is part of our Switcher promotion. All you need to do is port over to us with an qualifying 4G device and submit for the offer at www.verizonwireless.com/switch

You would select Bring your  BYOD eligible 4G smatphone to get $100. Enter your information. You must submit for this offer within 30 days of porting into us.

After your service has been activated for 45 consecutive days from the activation date,that MasterCard Prepaid card will be sent to you.

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CHITTALR

"After your service has been activated for 45 consecutive days from the activation date,that MasterCard Prepaid card will be sent to you."

I have submitted the rebate and have a tracking number. I am getting mixed information about the rebate condition though.

I made the switch on 10/15 - using my old phone 6. I ordered an iphone X on 10/27, which got delivered on 11/17. If I activate the iphone X on 11/17, what happens to the rebate? One agent told me that it is still valid as your account needs to be active, it has nothing to do with device. The other agent told me your OLD device need to be active for 45 days to get the rebate.

All I want to know is - should I or should I not activate my new phone before 12/1?

Please help clarifying.

Thanks.

0 Likes
edwardl_vzw
Verizon Employee

CHITTALR

Thank you for reaching out to us as we want to make sure you get accurate information regarding this promotion so that you are able to take advantage of it.  Upon research, my resources  states “Customers must remain activated on their eligible device for 45 consecutive days from the activation date, before Verizon issues the Verizon Wireless MasterCard Prepaid Card.” The key words being “eligible device”. So it does have to be that device that gets you the promotion, not just the line being active.

EdwardL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Sanjaymay10

Another answer! I just badgered an agent until they gave me a direct answer. I think they're coached NOT to say the exact conditions of the agreement to make people nervous about trying to switch over and utilize a secondary promotion (i want to get a new phone over the weekend with the black Friday deals.)

Here's the conversation after I let her know about the promotion i was asking about and giving her my tracking numbers. At the end, she specifies that it's just THE PHONE NUMBER associated with the device that needs to remain active. We'll see what happens!

[Removed]

chat transcription removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
Sanjaymay10

Bring Your Own Phone or Device - BYOD | Verizon Wireless Link to the promotion - still doesn't have terms outlined.

0 Likes
WENVIR34
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was also lied to about a BYOD promotion. I was told over the phone that I could receive a $200 visa card for each phone I brought in... and they never came. Talking to Verizon reps is like talking in circles, but essentially they're refusing to admit there was ever a promotion at all. Thinking of contacting the better business bureau!