when i take a pic it says.. there in not enought FREE MEMORY on the file system
adamant

what can i do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: when i take a pic it says.. there in not enought FREE MEMORY on the file system
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Adamant,
The Bold comes with an SD card, so you need to move all your pics to the card to free up the phone's internal memory. You can also save the pics, by default, to the card, and avoid the problem of running out of space altogether.

I'm running OS 6 on my Bold, so the steps may be a little different, but here's how to save pics to the card:

Turn on the camera, then use the BB key to pull up Options. As you scroll through the choices, toward the bottom is the option to store pictures on the Media card or on the Device.

Also, in the media folder, there are options as to how much space is designated for internal storage of pictures; I can choose 5, 15 or 32 MB to allot for picture storage on the device itself.

To move pics to the card, from the camera, just go into your media/camera to browse the pics, use the Shift + trackpad to select several at one time (they will highlight and then show with a check mark), use the BB key to bring up Options, and MOVE the pics to a folder on your media card. You can create one on the fly or use an existing one.

Let me know if this helps; post back if you have further questions and I'll do my best to try and help you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: when i take a pic it says.. there in not enought FREE MEMORY on the file system
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Does the phone have an SD card? Save your pics to the card, not the phone memory.

If the card or phone memory is full, you'll need to move the picture files to your computer or get a new card. You didn't say which phone you have...how you transfer the pictures to your computer will depend on your specific phone, and your users manual will help you there.
0 Likes
adamant
Bb bold 9650
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Adamant,
The Bold comes with an SD card, so you need to move all your pics to the card to free up the phone's internal memory. You can also save the pics, by default, to the card, and avoid the problem of running out of space altogether.

I'm running OS 6 on my Bold, so the steps may be a little different, but here's how to save pics to the card:

Turn on the camera, then use the BB key to pull up Options. As you scroll through the choices, toward the bottom is the option to store pictures on the Media card or on the Device.

Also, in the media folder, there are options as to how much space is designated for internal storage of pictures; I can choose 5, 15 or 32 MB to allot for picture storage on the device itself.

To move pics to the card, from the camera, just go into your media/camera to browse the pics, use the Shift + trackpad to select several at one time (they will highlight and then show with a check mark), use the BB key to bring up Options, and MOVE the pics to a folder on your media card. You can create one on the fly or use an existing one.

Let me know if this helps; post back if you have further questions and I'll do my best to try and help you.
0 Likes