when i go to compose a e mail and
adamant

i go to place a recipient name from my contacts i find many other names in there that i don't recognize and they are not in my contact address book. any of you have this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: when i go to compose a e mail and
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello adamant,

I know that can be a bit odd for you to see.  I haven't heard of this in general but I would like to do more research on your behalf with your help.  What type of device do you have?  Have you always seen this or did this just begin?  Does it only show those names when composing an email or text as well?  Do you have any other accounts synced to your device such as Gmail, Yahoo, Facebook etc.  Please advise me of the information above and we can move forward from there.  Thank you.  

0 Likes
adamant

bold 9650

started about 1 yr. ago.

only when i compose a e mail

none synced

thank you

ant 

0 Likes
Not applicable

adamant wrote:

bold 9650

started about 1 yr. ago.

only when i compose a e mail

none synced

thank you

ant 

Hi there! 

As Tominque stated, this is a strange situation.  Since you have no social sites synced to your phone, do you also have no corporate sync enabled (Blackberry Enterprise Service/BES)? Go into your address book, hit the MENU key then select 'Filter' to see if you can change the view of contacts from personal to business, maybe you have those hidden.  If you have our Backup Assistant, log into the backup site and view your contacts. Should you see only see your contacts, I would perform a master reset, this will put the phone back to factory settings. Then you can restore your contacts from Backup Assistant.

Also check out RIM's 

0 Likes