sending pictures to iphones???????
beccax
How do you send pictures from the blackberry curve to a iphone?  I've sent them to a iphone by having to send the pic to the email of the person with the phone.  Is that the only way or can you send it now through mms? I have tried sending pics via mms but the never go through?  Is there something I'm not doing or is the iphone just not compatible as of now.  I thought that once the new upload for iphones came out that it was gonna make it possible for other carriers to pics through regular text.  Anybody have any kind of feedback??????
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: sending pictures to iphones???????
risu
Contributor - Level 3

Its an issue with the iPhone, I believe.

My friend who has an iPhone had to do something funky to get the picture messages I was sending him, but I honestly have no idea or remember what he was doing.

I asked my friend what happens when I send him pictures and he said that it sends him a link that takes him to a website and asks him to put in "some rando login and password" to view it.

Message Edited by risu on 07-10-2009 02:32 PM
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
Right. The iphone for AT&T does not support MMS at this time. Even with the iphone 3GS and the 3.0 update, it still doesn't support MMS. So you'll need to send pix to your friend as an email.
0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
MMS support  for the iphone will be available in "late summer" and it will be free to AT&T customers with text messaging bundles. But AT&T hasn't made any changes to iPhone 3G S early-upgrade pricing. If AT&T customers choose not to select a text message plan, and pay &0.20 per message, the twenty-cent rate will apply for MMS.  (article in The Register) Sorry no links to that site.
0 Likes