prepaid service?
bbonesy

so during the summer i was able to get an "unlimited" data plan with 450 mins paying prepaid since i dont have good credit

anyway i stopped using my blackberry bold for a while and decided a few weeks ago i wanted to get service back on it

so i walked into a verizon wireless store and i asked one of the reps there if i could get service on it

they asked if i had good credit and i said no i'll do prepaid. theyre like we dont do prepaid. i said that i was just in here a few months ago using their prepaid. they said they only do 2 gigs, 4, 10 etc of data. which is really expensive, and itd cost me about 130 dollars a month instead of the usual 95 i use to pay.

i went on the verizon wireless website and it says i can still do the unlimited data for 95. why does it say i can do that online but when i went the rep he said i couldnt?

i just want service on my phone Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: prepaid service?
Wildman
Legend

The unlimited data plan was changed in July of 2011 and the tiered plans are the only data plans offered, if you never dropped your plan you could have received it but since you allowed the account to go dormant this makes it where you would loose the option for the unlimited plan, if you see it online I would try to activate it from there, maybe you get lucky but under normal situation the tiered would be your only option now..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thr pre-paid 3G smartphone monthly plan is still available on the Verizon Wireless website. The store reps probably never see it and then didn't know about it. Try and sign up for it again through the website or print off the page and show it to them. Also make sure it is a corporate store and not a premium wireless retailer. The other retailers might not have access to the pre-paid plans.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/plans/?page=prepaid

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Wildman
Legend

I overlooked that, thanks for update Ann..

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello bbonesy,

I hate that you had this experience with trying to get prepaid service activated!  I would like to confirm the information Ann154 provided is correct.  Yes, you can still activate your Blackberry Bold on one of our prepaid plans with the $30 unlimited data plan.  This can be done by calling our Prepay Customer Service department from your handset by dialing *611 or by visiting one of our corporate store locations.

I hope we have answered your question, and have addressed your concerns.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes