moving contacts from BB to enV 3 ??
woof

I am switching from a Blackberry Curve 8330 to the Env 3 and would really like to NOT have to retype 191 contact info items but they seem to exist in my Blackberry memory and not on my micro SD card. I am at school in Canada where there is no Verizon stores to go to. Can anyone help me do this myself?      Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: moving contacts from BB to enV 3 ??
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I'm not sure how long this takes, but can you pair the two phones via Bluetooth and do it that way? I've sent a photo from a Motorola to my 8330 this way.

Another option might be to do it via MyVerizon online. I have heard the $1.99 fee is waived if you are registered for MyVerizon, but have not used this feature so I can't say for sure.

I too am switching from an 8330 to enV3. (Well, hopefully ... I'll find out tomorrow when it's delivered.) Have you used the enV3 yet? I'm just wondering how it'll be going from a BB to a feature phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I'm not sure how long this takes, but can you pair the two phones via Bluetooth and do it that way? I've sent a photo from a Motorola to my 8330 this way.

Another option might be to do it via MyVerizon online. I have heard the $1.99 fee is waived if you are registered for MyVerizon, but have not used this feature so I can't say for sure.

I too am switching from an 8330 to enV3. (Well, hopefully ... I'll find out tomorrow when it's delivered.) Have you used the enV3 yet? I'm just wondering how it'll be going from a BB to a feature phone.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

You will need a 3rd party software application such as Verizon's Backup Assistant, Susteen's DataPilot, or ZBook which is available for download from Blackberry App world.  With one of these programs, you can backup your contacts and install them on your new device.  I personally use Susteen's DataPilot for backing up my contacts.  I have used it for 3 years and it has worked well for me.  If you have a large database of contacts as you stated, it may pay for you to spend a little money and buy a good backup program.

Doc

0 Likes
woof

I cant say yet how it will be. I am in Canada right now so as far as I could get switching contact list over is to get them from BB to microsoft outlook. When I step over the US border I can download Backuop assistant and then move into my phone. If I had a users guide I would know more about the change too... good luck. I just wanted out of the $30/mo data cost.

Steve

0 Likes
Chesterface

Unfortunately, Backup Assistant does not work with PDAs/Blackberries/Droids.

0 Likes