help on tour software downgrade please!
melissag03

Can someone please explain how to downgrade my software back to the 4.7 version from new 5.0? I HATE it!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: help on tour software downgrade please!
Jude526

I would be very happy to help you.  I also downgraded to the 4.7  You need to have the DM disc installed on your PC. because you can't do it from your BB since it no longer gives it a choice once you installed the 5.0   On the Desk Manager you will see  The Application Loader and you will click on that.  Then select remove/install   You will need the USB cable, attach your BB to the USB and your PC and follow the prompts.

You can downgrade to the 4.7 using the disc.  Just make sure you don't have any calls you need to make and follow the steps.  It is easy. 

Good luck.........also email verizon of your concerns with the 5.0  I think if more people let them know then something will be done about it.  I know there are many people who are not happy with the 5.0 OS   I am really surprised Verizon released this.

It is horrible.........

Judi

0 Likes
Re: help on tour software downgrade please!
Lora79

The upgrade wiped out my entire contact list and due to programming differences, it will not restore the contact list from my backup.  I lost them all thanks to the upgrade.

0 Likes