bb storm ringtones
urdeedee

I have set up specific ringtones for people in my contacts. However, when I place the phone on vibrate for meetings, church and such- the ringtones still RING. What can I do to prevent this? Why does setting the phone to vibrate not make all calls vibrate? I need a little help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: bb storm ringtones
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

urdeedee wrote:

I have set up specific ringtones for people in my contacts. However, when I place the phone on vibrate for meetings, church and such- the ringtones still RING. What can I do to prevent this? Why does setting the phone to vibrate not make all calls vibrate? I need a little help.

Are any of your contacts set with custom ringtones?  What OS version are you running?

0 Likes
urdeedee

They are purchased ringtones. The newest one, I just got this phone and did the upgrade.

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

Let me ask that differently, do you have any of your contacts that are ringing when the phone is set to vibrate set up to ring special?  Let's say if my mother is texting or calling my phone will play a Jack johnson song, I programed the phone to play this song only for her....Do you have any set like that?

0 Likes
urdeedee

Yes- I do have a few that are set like that. Is there anyway we can chat rather than post on here?

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

Try removing the custom ringtones, set the phone to vibrate all and get one of those people to give you a call.  If this fixes the issue leave that as a temporary work around.  Otherwise give Customer service a call and they can help you with some other work around or a possible fix.

Sorry I don't have an online chat option.  you can private message me but I will be off the forum in about 30 minutes for the weekend :smileysad:

0 Likes
urdeedee

Hmmm. That doesn't sound like a great option. I would have to do that every time I set the phone to vibrate. It seems that the phone should vibrate all when you specify that. All other phones seem too. Thanks for all of the assistance. I guess I may need to call customer service to see if this can be permanently fixed.

0 Likes