any word on a new Storm OS release?
salimar1

bought my storm the beginning of this month after playing around in store with one for a hour or so. but now im regretting it completely. talk about a waste of money (full retail). multiple reboots daily, slow accelerometer, etc are the issues im facing.

any word on an update to the OS? if it could be soon ill wait, otherwise im waiting  till the first of april then im walking in the store, handing over my storm to the first rep who greets me and walking out.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: any word on a new Storm OS release?
Biggbill

Why would you assume that you are stuck with a phone that may simply need replacing or simply need a hard reset?

Take it to a corporate store with technicians and let them look at it for you.

"otherwise im waiting  till the first of april then im walking in the store, handing over my storm to the first rep who greets me and walking out."

If this was a Plasma TV would you do the same?

0 Likes
lowrance
Contributor - Level 2
just a note to add. installing a beta os on your device will void the warranty. and do so at your own risk,and only do so if you feel comfortable with the process. there is always a chance of bricking your bb
Message Edited by lowrance on 03-29-2009 06:06 AM
0 Likes
bigdaddy2009
Hopefully its not .113, a lot of people having trouble with that one.
0 Likes
Danny-O
I'm running 4.7.0.75, as is my wife, and we both love it.  Had the BBs for four months, and every once in a while (two or three times total between two devices) we've had to perform a cold boot, where the device is shut down, battery removed for a couple of minutes, then reassembled and fired up.  If you haven't already tried that, give it a go and see if it helps.  Our phones are working so well, we're actually nervous about a new OS release...
0 Likes
BB_Stormer

Any official date as to a OS release? I find it a shame that VZW is keeping the same software version for this phone since it was released back in November.

And where is the application center? I thought March was the release of that from VZW. An iPhone is looking nicer and nicer everyday.

0 Likes
Akakios

"Any official date as to a OS release? I find it a shame that VZW is keeping the same software version for this phone since it was released back in November.

And where is the application center? I thought March was the release of that from VZW. An iPhone is looking nicer and nicer everyday."

There were a few Carriers that released the new official OS today.  I can only think Verizon will follow soon with their version.

I bought mine back in November.  I pre ordered it and if I'm not mistaken that actually came with .65 OS and the current is .75.  Maybe you bought yours more recently and it came with .75.    I'm using .114 Beta

As for the Application Center... mine came  with it.  Its weak compared to the  BB App World.....which is why I deleted it to free up some memory!

0 Likes
Re: any word on a new Storm SO release?
sanchezm94
I can understand your fustration with Verizon I am a storm owner myself. BUT what I can't stand is when people continue to say the ipod is looking better and better,stop crying about it and go get an I phone
0 Likes
EarthUnderSky
Contributor - Level 2

Okay,

Well this may be the one we have all been waiting for. Then again, you never can tell with VZW. Polling indicates 45% favor the new OS that is currently being tested. This new OS is v4.7.0.148. I have started a thread yesterday on the enhancement(fixes). I am currently into day 2 of personally testing and I am quite satisfied with the improvements that RIM has been working on. As we all know that is only half the battle. I posted in other threads that when VZW releases this MR2, it will most likely be the last. Especially now that we all know that the Storm2 (Odin) is seeking a release date. So the pressure is on to get it right and I unlike a lot of others, feel they will get it right. Just my opinion. Not worth much maybe.

If you have a minute, check out all the enhancements that are posted in the thread VZW Testing Stages of v4.7.0.148

If this doesn't pass, there are several more OS's in circulation that will be pushed to the forefront. My thoughts are that it won't be long regardless.

Good day, Michael 

0 Likes