Z30 Upgrade to Venice
nefariusmdk
Enthusiast - Level 1

It'll be 2 years since I purchased the BlackBerry Z30 online. Despite everyone's objections at Verizon, it is hands-down the best phone I've ever owned. Better than the Note 3, way ahead of the iPhone 6 Plus, the last 2 years with this phone have been phenomenal. My wife continues to struggle finding a plug wherever she goes to get juice for her Note 3, while my Z30 lasts all day, and takes 2 hours to charge completely from a total battery drain.

Will Verizon be smart enough to carry the upcoming BlackBerry slider, currently code named Venice? They missed out on the Passport, but for all of us who bought the Z30 on contract 2 years ago, will we have the opportunity to upgrade our Z30s to the new BlackBerry slider?

Labels (1)
Re: Z30 Upgrade to Venice
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're so glad to hear this nefariusmdk. Having the right phone to meet your needs is always important. We always want to make sure you have access to the latest and greatest devices. Although I do not show that device available right now, you can stay up to date here: http://vz.to/1u91WoY

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
leewclark
Contributor - Level 1

In hope so... Verizon did not get the Passport, so I do not know how committed they are to those of us who prefer Blackberry.  I just wish they would have them in their stores so people could play with them and realize how good a product it is.

I know it is two years old, but I am considering getting the Z30.  I have a Z10 now.. If not I will wait for the next touchscreen BBerry. 

Johnh2400
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to know this as well. I have had my Z30 for 2 years and would upgrade to this as well. Also maybe Verizon can stop sending me coupons to upgrade to a iPhone.

DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

I'll agree with that, don't need iPhone coupons, I will never get one.

Saxxman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I actually can't wait for my contract to expire, in February, so I can get back to a GSM system where I can purchase and use whatever phone I want. I've already bought a Passport. Using it on wifi only right now.

My Z30 has been awesome and I will wait to see on the new Priv, probably get a GSM Z30 also.

Can't wait to say goodbye!

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

If you have a Z30, they were sold unlocked, so you already have GSM capability.

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

Now officially called BlackBerry Priv, like in Private. Available in Canada November 6, still checking

Verizon Wireless News Center. Hoping we will see something from VZW soon.

0 Likes
Saxxman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Mr Lewis, but the Verizon version of the Z30 doesn't include the needed GSM channels for voice usage on the normal GSM networks. (ATT and Tmobile, in the US)@

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

Beg to differ, only difference on AT&T is you get 4G, but no LTE.

You just pop in an AT&T SIM, I tested it locally when I had my Z30.

0 Likes