Z10 10.3.2.556 update, mmsc url cleared.
queenhavoc

Z10 10.3.2.556 update mmsc URL field cleared. Receiving "General Problem" and "Invalid Destination Address" messages. Negatively effecting my job, as photos sent & received are very important. HELP!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Z10 10.3.2.556 update, mmsc url cleared.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help has arrived queenhavoc!

I would be lost if I didnt have the ability to send receive picture messages. When did this start happening? Is this all messages that you are trying to send/receive? Please share some additional details so that we can get these working for you again.

ErinW_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
moodydoom

I am experiencing this exact issue on a Blackberry Classic.

It can receive picture messages. It cannot send. When we try to send, it states "General Error"

When looking at Settings -> Text Messages -> Advanced -> The MMSC URL is blank. Additionally, the proxy username/password are blank as well.

Performed a soft reset on the device. (Alt + R-Shift + Backspace)

After rebooting, tried sending a pic message again. This time it showed the spinning wheel like it was working, but never showed the error. The person at the other end did not receive the picture. The MMSC info is still blank. But now, we cannot text.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my text messaging everyday so I know how important it is to ensure you are able to send a text or picture at any time Moodydoom. When did you start experiencing difficulties in sending a picture message? Have you ever been able to send a picture message successfully on the Blackberry Classic? Are you able to browse the internet ok on the device? Do you experience difficulties with sending a picture message when you are in a certain location or anywhere you go with your phone?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes