Re: Will the Blackberry Key2 work on Verizon network?
ikbb
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes. VoLTE is there..  you can go to the phone dialer and type  *#*#4636#*#*

Capturekey2.PNG

0 Likes
rlariv

Just talked to Level 2 support at VZW ! Got some great news.. My account notes are updated to include the info they need to make the KEY 2 work !! I need to buy one and then work with the level 2 to have it entered into the whitelist DB. They already talked and confirmed that the device is compatible and has the right bands for connection - and its been released long enough to market to not be concerned about reliability.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Rob, and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We're here to assist you with any questions, issues, or concerns you have in regard to your Verizon account. Please let us know more details as we're always happy to hear your feedback! 

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TS-CB
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is confirmed?  When I set up my KEYone in June 2017, it was whitelisted, and cited compatible w VZW.  However, I had to eventually get Tier 2 Tech on a landline, and use dialer codes to enable data connection when on voice call. 

0 Likes
TS-CB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Numerous CB threads on this CDMA/VZW uncertainty - which I'd like to put to bed, as I successfully connected my Key2 - not Key2LE - to VZW.

The steps are similar though not identical to what I did in June 2017 when the KEYone was released. Listed as the "CDMA" VZW compatible variant, I had no clue when I blithely swapped in the SIM from my Q10, that CDMA is only 3G so clear phone calls & fast data pipe led me to believe all was as it should be. it wasn't until about 2~3 weeks later, that I discovered I'd no data access when I was on the phone. The reason for which, again, I was unaware of - that the voice was 3G, and data was 4GLTE. As I've a modest amount of hardware n software experience, I managed to figure it out w a Tier 2 Tech and *# dialer codes.

Given that I'm posting this on a VZW-hosted forum, I'll be respectful is claiming my belief that white listing is a bureaucratic, not technical process.  I say this with some measure of confidence, as I just connected my Key2 (BBF100-2), NOT the Key2LE (BBE100-5) in a very similar, though somewhat simpler way now it's not CDMA - landline w Tier 2 Tech, initial setup via WiFi (hotspotting from old phone, perhaps, and update OS (normally automatic push), and then full power down while tech manually inputs your IMEI. Once done device info on their backend is aligned, power on and off ya go.

It was quite the process first time round w the KEYone and the detached screen debacle - I've a photo of "content transferring" from loose screen KEYone to replacement sent by BlackBerry Mobile, using my Q10 as the WiFi router, b/c VZW so fast in NYC, that is all I need. No cable, DSL, landline, anything.

0 Likes
seelinger
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've connected my Key2, and it's working great except I can not receive text messages.  I can send them all day long, but not receive them.  The sender gets no indication that the message failed, it's just not getting passed to me.  Any suggestions on key words to use with support?

The sim card is a brand new one I picked up at the Verizon store.  Allegedly they filled out the cmda less form?  Still no love. 

rlariv

You need to call Level 2 support. They need to fill out a form for you that goes to the DB group to add the KEY2 to the whitelist of phones. The form and resulting activation take about 48 hours to do.. The KEY2 is not authorized to work on the VZW network - yet!! But when i talked to them - they said - as soon as a buy my KEY2 - call level 2 and they will get it working.. its no sweat and easy for them to do !

0 Likes
DRMONTY1

I am an avid blackberry user and will not switch to touch tone,    One of the Verizon employees at a store broke my key1 by removing my back resulting in my two month long search to get a blackberry key 2 that will work on the verizon network.   The heavier more expensive Key 2 does not work because it does not have CDMA capacity,    Amazon appears to be the only entity that sells a compatible blackberry with Verizon - it is the lighter KEY 2 LE   The package must say compatible with Verizon.   You also need to call level 2 of Tech so that they can remotely add a feature to the phone so that it can work with Verizon transmission.   Not all the techs know how to do it but thank-g-d after endless hours I found a tech who made my phone work!

0 Likes
rlariv

The lighter Key2 (LE) will work with Verizon by simply turning on "CMDA-less" feature. Anyone on phone or level 1 can do that for you. It maybe even online by now..

The heavier full feature KEY2 ___WILL WORK___ on verizon - but it is not added to their OED database yet. I talked to the Level 2 support guy and he made notes on my account. Only the first owner has to go through the trouble. I am still using my KEY1 - but called ahead to get the scoop. When you buy the full feature KEY2 - and talk to the LEVEL 2 support - they can fill out a form for the DB group there and have the phone added within 48 hours. Once it is added, it will work for all the other people after that without level 2 support - and simply need the "CDMA-less" feature turned on..

NOTE: when you buy any 4G LTE phone - it will work if it has bands 2, 4, 13* (13 is required - 2 and 4 will add coverage and BW).. As long as the phone has these bands - it will work. The issue will be whether Verzion has added it to the Databse yet as an acceptable device. They LEVEL 2 support people are AWESOME in this regard and will add phones as long as they have reputation (Chinese phones are not always allowed) and they have the right bands..

There are some features that wont work - but DATA, TEXT (SMS/MMS) and PHONE will all work!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the informative post. Getting a new device is always exciting. If you have further questions, feel free to ask.

CraigS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes