Re: Will the Blackberry Key2 work on Verizon network?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Donyou64, At this time we have no information regarding whether Verizon Wireless will support the Blackberry KEY2 or not. We originally supported the Blackberry KEYone Model: BBB-100-3. I'm confident that if we supported the KEYone that we may support the KEY2 in the coming future through our Open Development Program. 

If you ever want to double check and see if the phone is compatible with our network, please reference our Bring Your Own Device page below to check the IMEI. I hope this information clears up the details for now. http://spr.ly/6582DsLPr

AlanS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
otterry53
Enthusiast - Level 2

Customer Support, Your suggestion that we check the IMEI is not helpful.  We are asking the question because we don't want to spend nearly $700 to buy the Key2 if it won't work on Verizon.  Checking the  IMEI would require buying the phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, Oterry53. Our goal is for you to have a working device. Currently, that device is not supported on our network, and systematically we are not able to get it activated. I recommend to sign up for email alerts to get information on our latest products and services. Once I again I apologize for any confusion and any inconvenience this has caused. Are you experiencing any issues with your current device?

Gerson_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
otterry53
Enthusiast - Level 2

Only because the screen was cracked.  Even though the screen was a mess, it was still working on the Verizon network up until I transferred everything back to my previous phone, the Blackberry Priv.  Therefore, not sure why you say it is not supported.  Amazon and Best Buy are still selling the Verizon version of the KeyOne, so this makes no sense to me.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to help you move forward as we welcome multiple devices to be activated on our network. Due to this device not being sold by VZW, we do not have any info in regard to compatibility. The most effective step to confirm compatibility at this time is to obtain the IMEI number and use the previously provided link associated with "BYOD". We apologize for any inconvenience.

Corey_VZW

0 Likes
Theonewithabrain

Dude this is not that hard to figure out .it's literally pretty simple ..Verizon is not carrying the key 2 plan and simple ..the key one is old news and Verizon carried it . Verizon not supporting blackberry .is that so hard to figure out

0 Likes
ikbb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon provides a service.. it shouldn't have to "whitelist" anything.. if the phone internals are able to access the network, it should be able to do so.  Carrier branded phones are a thing of the past.

0 Likes
MORROB85
Enthusiast - Level 2

exactly. A phone with the correct internals shouldnt even "need" to be whitelisted. Just allow it to make calls, damn. Get rid of the whitelist thing and allow us to put any phones with the correct radios to work. This is ridiculous on verizons part

Theonewithabrain

To bad Verizon doesn't have to carry phones they don't want to and blackberry is a thing of the past .the sales for BlackBerry is slim to none and also internals mean nothing obviously you guys have no idea what you are talking about ...cdma  to gsm  use different bands of service  .only reason why factory unblocked phones work on cdma is because they carrier of the bands needed

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

ikbb wrote:

Verizon provides a service.. it shouldn't have to "whitelist" anything.. if the phone internals are able to access the network, it should be able to do so. Carrier branded phones are a thing of the past.

Oh so the Key2 can do Verizon's VoLTE? Can you prove that? Because I haven't seen any documentation of that either way. It can have all the internals it want but if it can't use VoLTE then Come Jan 1 2020 that phone is door stop when it comes to making calls. The ironic thing is if Verizon didn't require testing and you guys bought that phone and it didn't work you'd blame Verizon. You'd be back here complaining "How come Verizon didn't make sure that phone works on it's network"

Apple, Samsung, LG, Motorola, HTC and others have no issues doing this same testing.

0 Likes