Will I lose my e-mail if I upgrade?
DaFoxGrey
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a question about upgrading from my grandfathered in Verizon BIS plan to a Z30.

I currently have a Torch 9850 and the unlimited VZW Blackberry data plan with a vzw.blackberry.net push email.

I understand that switching to a Z30, I will loose my current unlimited plan, but will I also loose the vzw.blackberry.net email service also?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Switching from BIS to Z30
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Yes, you will lose that email address.  BBOS10 does not support BIS and that email address is part of BIS.

Note that you will not lose your unlimited data plan unless you purchase a new device at a subsidized price.  So if keep unlimited is important to you, you have the option of purchasing a new device at full retail price.

View solution in original post

ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Yes, you will lose that email address.  BBOS10 does not support BIS and that email address is part of BIS.

Note that you will not lose your unlimited data plan unless you purchase a new device at a subsidized price.  So if keep unlimited is important to you, you have the option of purchasing a new device at full retail price.

DaFoxGrey
Enthusiast - Level 1

The email is what is most important to me.

Thank you for the info.

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Yep, it was never a good idea to use that email address for anything important.

If you are going to switch to the Z30 start switching your emails that are using that address over to a different service.

When BBOS10 first came out, the carriers were offering one year of email forwarding for BIS accounts.  I'm not sure if that still exists.

0 Likes
jhanks64
Enthusiast - Level 3

I suggest you open up an Outlook.com email account.  It is the best one going presently.  You can sync your Email, Contacts and Calendar with multiple devices and Microsoft Outlook on Windows PCs.

0 Likes
jsanders
Enthusiast - Level 3

DaFoxGray, you can still enable forwarding for your BIS email account, for one fill year from the point you switch it. Details and instructions are posted here:  http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33260

I also recommend using a free outlook.com email account.

0 Likes