Wierd signal issue...
kaileesdaddy

Have the Curve 8330.  When I got it activated they had trouble getting the data to work at all.  Finally got that working.

However, my signal in the top left of the screen is usually a 1X.  But it only stays that way for an hour or 2 at a time.  I will check the phone after a while and the signal will have changed to 1xev.  When this happens I get no data at all.  I can easily fix it by going to "manage connections" and turning the wireless network off then back on.  But the same thing will happen in another hour or 2.

I thought I should be seeing 1XEV instead of 1X for the data to work but I may be mistaken because my data works with 1X.

It is not a signal issue because we have 2 other verizon blackberrys(Tours) in the house that work fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Wierd signal issue...
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

The first thing I would do would be sure the OS software on your Curve is up to date.  The latest release from Verizon is 4.5.0.138.  You can check this by going to Options>About.  If it is not, you can go here for the latest download from Verizon and install it via Blackberry Desktop Manager.  There is also a link for the latest Desktop software on that page too.

Doc

0 Likes
kaileesdaddy

Thanks Doc,

Thanks for the response Doc.  I do have the latest version.  Any other ideas?

Kaileesdaddy

0 Likes
rookietrader
Enthusiast - Level 3

have you tried registering the bb device again and sending service books? also have you tried the diagnostics test on your network? its in options,mobile network and diagnostic test in my phone. try that.

0 Likes
kaileesdaddy

Thanks for the response.

I have re-registered in the host routing table several times.  Still having the same issue.  Have run the diagnostics test as well. 

I have not re sent my service books.  I know where to look at them in the option, advanced options but I don't know how to re-send them.

Thanks for the response.

Kaileesdaddy

0 Likes
rookietrader
Enthusiast - Level 3

go to email settings and then service books and resend....and i'm now thinking you have a bad device then...

0 Likes
kaileesdaddy

When I click on the email settings icon it asks me to log in.  I do and it lists my 3 emails that I have listed.  There is no where I can find service books in there...

Thanks for the reply.

Kaileesdaddy

0 Likes
kaileesdaddy

Ok, I re-sent the service books and still didn't solve the issue. 

I guess I shall make another call to customer support.  At least most of the reps are really nice and helpful on the phone...if only the store people were as good.

Thanks again for all the replies.

Kaileesdaddy

0 Likes
rookietrader
Enthusiast - Level 3

i think something is wrong with your device then.

0 Likes
kaileesdaddy

Thank you again for the reply.

0 Likes