Why no column view in OS6 browser???
Ericuse165
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just downloaded OS6 I love it but one thing I can not stand and hate is the browser. Why do they think it is better? Yes it is faster and yes it seems smoother and not as big but you can not read any webpages on it with out going blind. I have seen some webpages the font is so small and the zoom feature is not there. The zoom feature is not available on every webpage.I have fond and there are some sites where the zoom feature is not there. No magnifying glass and it is  not in the full menu.   Every webpage is made deferent so one one page it looks good then on anther its to small and the anther is way too big. Why would they take good web browsing that worked in the past and just dump them and not use them in the new one give the user the choice.  I would rather have a big show browser that I could read stuff on vs a fast less big browser that I can not even read because the pages load so small and with no zoom on some.  If RIM wants to stay in the game and on top of the smartphone world. They have to do a lot better and I do not know why they would take a good thing and not use it anymore. There are a lot of more options out there for smartphones and they seem do be doing better them RIM here. When RIM trys to do something good with the OS6 they making changes that the user should have to make. Thats how I feel I love the OS6 as you can tell not the browser.  I think I am going to have to download a 3end party web browser because I am telling you its imposable  to read anything on this one without going blind.  I can name you over 6 six websites with no zoom.
I am young with good eyes to lol

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why no column view in OS6 browser???
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1
Hey,

I agree with you about the fonts being to small on a lot of pages. That's why a lot of people use either Opera Mini Browser or Bolt browser. I use Opera. However, their latest version 5.1 has problems with the trackpad being too sensitive. Their version 5 beta 2 works great. That's what I use. You can Google Opera Mini 5 beta 2 download and get it or I could send you a private message with a link.

Doc
0 Likes
Ericuse165
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried Bolt I did not really like it that much but I never tried Opera. I will download it and give it a try and see because the Blackberry one is killing my eyes.  

0 Likes
Ericuse165
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can you send me a message with the link. I am having issues finding it.

Thanks

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Sent

Doc

0 Likes
jpsjewel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a specific version of Opera Mini 5 beta 2 for the Blackberry or did you load a generic version?  I can find the beta version on the Opera website, but when I try to download it, it says there is no version for my device.

0 Likes
adamant

i hear ya.. this sucks..

0 Likes
adamant

i went back to 5.0.0.737 hoping to solve the problem with the web page font size and its the same as the 6.0//..

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

Do a Google search for Opera Mini v 5.0.17405 download and you should find a copy of Opera Mini 5 beta 2.  It works great on the Bold or any of the Blackberry devices with a trackpad.  For some reason, Opera's latest 5.1 version is too sensitive for the trackpad. 

Doc

0 Likes
jpsjewel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, but still no luck.  The sites I found by using your search criteria all point to the same link which gives me the "device not supported" message.  The only available option is for version 5.1 for Blackberry which is the released version. I'll have to assume that is is no longer being offered as a download.

0 Likes